Chapter 6

The original storyline is completed yay! This is 1/2 of the extra chapters that give some insight into other aspects of the story, hope you enjoy☺️

The first time Jennie catches a glimpse of Roseanne Park's sister, it's while walking the halls of Kerang High School.

It's the second week of freshman year, and Jennie is brimming with happiness from her newfound friendship with Roseanne. She's so pretty; Jennie can hardly believe someone like Roseanne would even give her the time of day. She wants to know everything about her, and sometimes Jennie has to tamp down on the urge to ask Roseanne countless questions.

She's currently on her way to gym class—one of the few classes she doesn't share with Roseanne—and, not for the first time, she wonders why her friend doesn't have it on her schedule. Even Irene, despite currently having a broken foot, participates. But she remembers clearly how Roseanne had tensed when questioned about it, and Jennie never wants to be a source of distress for her, so she isn't going to push.

Out of the corner of her eye, she sees something that makes her do a double-take. Maybe it's because she's thinking of Roseanne, but Jennie swears she sees her face in one of the pictures in a large display case on the wall. Halting her steps, Jennie goes to investigate what turns out to be a display honoring last year's national cheerleading champions, featuring a large trophy and several photos of the team. But Jennie's eyes hone in on the image that made her take pause, and she discovers that the girl she thought was Roseanne is actually the former Cheerio captain Alice Park.

I never knew Roseanne had a sister, Jennie thinks to herself as she examines the picture. And it's obvious they're sisters. They look so alike—the strong jawline, striking blonde hair, and incredibly expressive eyes. Although, Alice looks a bit more intimidating than Roseanne does, and, while Alice is a beautiful girl in her own right, Jennie thinks Roseanne is even more so.

"Don't even think about trying out for my squad, Streisand," a voice sounds from behind her, and Jennie jumps a little in surprise before turning to face a tall, blonde woman in a teal tracksuit—Coach Moore from the photos, she realizes. "For starters, your incredibly large nose would distract the judges from my Cheerleaders' brilliance."

Instantly, Jennie feels herself bristle—her pride thoroughly wounded—and she places both hands on her hips as she lays into Coach Moore. "I resent your assumption that I would ever even consider wasting my talent on something so trivial as cheerleading. My efforts are going toward a group that deserves it—the music club."

Coach Moore laughs—laughs—in her face. "It's been a while since I've seen someone so stupidly brazen to willingly commit social suicide. Enjoy your stay in the subbasement while my Cheerleaders continue to reside in the penthouse."

Jennie steams while she watches her walk away, still laughing. I'll show her, she vows to herself. I'll show everyone at this school who thinks as she does. She lets out a huff and practically stomps to the girls' locker room.

But as she begins to cool down, doubt starts to creep in. She thinks of Roseanne and her family (which she now realizes Roseanne has never once spoken about), and she can't help but feel a bit worried. She wonders if Roseanne will be following in Alice's footsteps—if she'll be joining the Cheerleaders.

Selfishly, Jennie hopes she doesn't, if only because she knows it would effectively put an end to their blossoming friendship, and she really doesn't want to lose Roseanne.

The first time Jennie actually meets Alice is four days after Christmas.

Kerang is still on winter break, and Jennie knows both of Roseanne's parents are at work, which makes it the perfect time to make a spontaneous visit to her house. She and Roseanne normally spend time at Jennie's or JK's houses, and Jennie still hasn't met Roseanne's dad (although she suspects that's by Roseanne's design), but she thinks today is perfect for a change of scenery.