Part 23: Dio's Diary (2)

Right now, the joestar group is being attacked by the team of J. Geil and Hol Horse. I still have yet to receive a report on how it went.- So with genuine pleasure, I will continue from where I left off yesterday.

They've been disrupting my plans nonstop recently.

However, thanks to that, it has become easier to remember things from one hundred years ago- It has truly been one hundred years since I've felt such anxiety.

As someone whose feelings run high in "entanglements" between men, I beat them mercilessly. I hadn't had a fight like that since my fist fight with Jonathan seven years earlier, but techniques your body learns as a child are never forgotten, no matter how much time passes.

Be that as it may, I could not deny my disadvantage of the fight being two on one, so I had planned on first beating up the first one, then finishing off the other.

Be it a Stand battle or not, numbers means everything in a fight.- So you make a one-on-two fight into two one-on-one fights.

This is a fundamental aspect of street fighting.

And on the second man, I placed the "weapon" I had planned to use to kill Jonathan I was carrying, the stone mask.

Then, I stabbed the first man who had been cowering away with a knife, spraying the stone mask in his blood.-- If I must say, this would be my "second slice of bread," wouldn't it?

The "second slice of bread" and the "third slice of bread."

As I expected, it had a bland taste.-- If I'm to go into it, even using the knife and the stone mask to kill them rather directly-- more directly than I had with my father, I can say it did not feel any more real.

Ah, I cannot say anything could be done to change that.

In that way, I had become like my father. Even if I say that murder- that "human experimentation," was fueled by the liquor, fueled by the drunkenness, there is nothing that could change it. Honestly, if I had not been drunk on that roadside, on that earthly street, I doubt I would have overtly committed murder.

But while it may have been fueled by the liquor and been an utter fluke, it was good.- If I had not committed murder there, I most likely would have placed the stone mask on Jonathan like I had originally planned.

And when I think what would have happened had I done that, I shiver.-

- No, perhaps it would be more correct to say I would shudder?

Just thinking that I, Dio, and Jonathan's fates could have been switched--

- is quite interesting.

The one who would have become an immortal vampire may have been Jonathan.- And then the one who would have become a Ripple warrior in order to exterminate him may have been me, Dio.

Intersecting fates.

Reversing fates.

...Of course, while this is fascinating to think about, nothing of the sort actually happened. If it had happened, it would have been unbearable. It would be appropriate to say it would be "no joke."

But I digress. Now then, the results of the human experiment.

Once sprayed with blood, the bone needles instantly sprung out of the stone mask- and the needles pierced the man's brain. At that moment, the stone mask glowed.

It emitted a blindingly bright light- No, perhaps that was an illusion. That at least was what I thought at that moment.

Much like how a superb painting or a sculpture can seem like it is emitting light, I thought that was all I was seeing.- But I was wrong.

UniTale: Universal Adventures [Reader x StoryShift Chara]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara