"What do you want from me?"

Hi so this is my first oneshot hope you enjoy

Betty's pov:

Me and Jughead Jones have been married for 5 years. But, to be completely honest, I don't even consider us a "couple". Jughead leaves for work at 4:00am and comes home at 8:00pm. I always believe in him to try harder, so I make his favorite dinner. In hope he comes home in time to eat with me. But, as always, he's never home in time. We have 2 kids, Juliet and Julian. They always run downstairs and ask me, "Is daddy home yet I want to show him my new toy!" And I feel so guilty that he can't be there to watch them grow. I get so stressed having to do everything for the kids. But I always tell myself "You don't need him. You are a strong, independent woman." Which I am trying so hard to be. But I just can't do it anymore.

Tonight was me and Jugheads' 6 year anniversary. I was so happy and excited. I knew that tonight was the night he would finally come home early and have at least a 20 minute conversation with his family. "Good morning princess." Jughead whispered to me. "What time is it?" I fluttered my eyes open. "It's 3:30am. I'm gonna try and come home early and spend some time with you and the kids. Happy anniversary, I love you so much." He kissed my head and headed of to work. It's a 15 minute ride to work but he always stops for coffee on the way.

I woke back up around 7:30am and got up and woke the kids. I made them waffles and went upstairs to plan a surprise for him when he gets home. I put red roses on the bed and put a trail of white tulips from the front door to the bedroom. I put on a silk pink dress and waited for him to get home.

*A few hours later*

It was now 5:59pm. I couldn't stop looking at the door. Waiting to see the doorknob turn. I put on the office because I needed something to watch. I was so tired from entertaining the kids, setting up something cute for my husband and making a bunch of food, that I dozed off so quickly.

Jughead's pov:

"Hey, I know it's you and your wife's anniversary, so I'm letting you go early." My boss said to me. " Wait really? But I thought Owen-" "Go!! Go see your wife and kids!" My boss cut me off. I grabbed my bag and paper work and drove home. By the time I got home, I saw white tulips leading up the stairs. I followed the tulips and it leaded me to me and Betty's room. I opened the door and saw red roses on the bed with a big banner that said , "Happy 6th anniversary baby!" I went straight to the floor on my knees and cried. I felt so guilty that she did all of this for me. I ran downstairs and saw her sleeping soundly on the couch. I let out a sigh and went to the kitchen. I saw my favorite dinner laid out on the table. I ran to the couch and kissed her head. "Listen Betty, I know you can't hear me right now, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am. I always work so late while I leave you here with two kids. I feel so selfish that I'm not even in my children's life. I hate my self." I cried in her arms. "Jug?" Betty stretched her arms. "Betty your awake?" I held her hands in mine. "Yes. And I heard what you just said. It hurts so bad that the only times I get to see my own husband are at 3:30am when I'm half asleep. I can't even have a 3 minute conversation with the love of my life. And the kids. Why did we even have kids if I'm the only one in there lives? I don't know why you hate me, jug. But seriously, what do you want from me?" Betty sobbed. "All I want in my life, is you Betty Cooper. And I would give my life for you. To be my side. " I let out loud sobs. She kissed me and we ended up falling asleep on the couch. That felt like the first time in forever that I can talk with my wife.