"You don't need him"

Betty's pov:

"Kevin, I think tonight is the night." I turned to him smiling. "For what?" Kevin raised a eyebrow. "The day I'm finally gonna tell Archie I like him!" I explained. "Oh. Wait really?" He gasped. "Yes. I think it's finally time that he knows how I feel about him." I replied. "Ok then tell me what happens!" Kevin went out my window as always. My mom always interrogates Kevin when he comes through the front door so we just decided that he comes through the window.

At pops

I waited at me and Archie's normal booth impatiently. He's usually never late.

I sat there for another 20 minutes but he never showed. I checked the time and it was 9:30pm. "Alright then, bye pop." I sighed leaving pops. I decided to swing by his house to see if he just forgot or didn't receive my message. I knocked on his door and Mr. Andrews answered. "Oh hey Betty I think Archie is in his room with a friend." Fred explained. "Thank you so much!" I ran upstairs and went to Archie's room. What could he be doing? I thought. The door was closed so I knocked. I took a second to breath e just incase whatever he was doing wasn't bad. I walked in the door and saw him and Veronica making out. He had her pinned on the bed and was about to take off his shirt. Tears escaped my eyes before I slammed the door and broke down. Fred must have heard me crying and he came upstairs to see me against the door. "Betty, are you ok?" He squatted down to my level and sat next to me. "Not really, I saw Archie with Veronica." I wiped away my tears. "Oh man. I'll have to talk to him." Fred said in disappointment. "And, I've always had this huge crush on Archie ever since he moved next to me." I said smiling and crying at the same time. "I know. I can tell the way you look at him. I can't believe he would do something like this." Fred sighed with his head down. "I'm gonna start heading home Mr. Andrews." I got up and helped him up as well. I waved goodbye and he waved back. I went home through my window because I didn't want my mom asking me why I was crying. I made it through my window and saw Jughead, my boy best friend on my bed playing with my dog, buddy. "Jughead, what are you doing here?" I sat on the bed next to him. "My dad is high at home and I didn't know where else to go. Sorry." He looked down. "It's ok! It seems as we are both having a horrible night." I patted his shoulder. "Why what happened to you?" He continued to play with Buddy. "I saw Archie with Veronica." Jughead knows all about my crazy crush on Archie. He gave me a hug and I hugged back. "You don't need him." He said grabbing my hand. "Betty, I have a really big crush on you. I didn't know how to tell you since you were planning on telling Archie how you feel." I placed my hands in his. "Jughead, if you have taught me anything, it's that I don't need a carrot top like Archie to not see how I feel." We both laughed. He cupped his hands around my face and kissed me. I kissed back and eventually we pulled away. After we kissed we cuddled in bed to watch a movie.