Chapter 1: A Fresh Start

I decided to rewrite Romance 101 so it flows better and is more detailed. There will also be some changes since I want to incorporate Myles Joo into the story.

Everything will be written in third person because I want to be able to show the other characters' thoughts too which is tough if I'm writing in second person and constantly shifting POVs between second and third person.

"Is that everything?" A teenage boy with messy black hair and cool grey eyes eyed her stuffed backpack. "You're not even gonna fill up a single suitcase? Just a backpack?"

"I've brought less when I went on missions," [Your Name] reminded.

"But you always came back after those missions," The teen, Alistair Rei, pointed out. "But this time...you're not coming back,"

"Yeah," She nodded. "I'm not coming back. I'm finally going to leave this place, forever," [Your Name] was oblivious to the forced smile on Alistair's face. "I'm grateful to the guild for taking me in and giving me a purpose in life but I want a fresh start, away from the guild,"

"Why South Korea?"

"It's someplace new to me," [Your Name] answered. "I've already lived in the US and Italy. I could choose Japan, but I wanted to try South Korea. If I chose Japan, I would've been too focused on anime and manga,"

"I'm gonna miss you," Alistair patted her shoulder. 

"Why?" [Your Name] raised a brow. "I'm just your bodyguard. Well, former bodyguard now. I was just like any other member of the guild,"

'You're my friend,' But those words were stuck in his throat. 'You're like a sister to me. We grew up together,' "Good luck. Have a safe trip," 'I want you to stay, but you're not happy here. I won't be selfish,'

"Thanks,"

XXX

After the plane landed and all the passengers debarked, [Your Name] made her way to the apartment building she had researched beforehand. She paid the first month's rent at the front desk and received her keys. As expected, the apartment she had rented was completely empty and unfurnished.

'It feels cold,' She unfurled her sleeping bag and decided to head to sleep. [Your Name] had already double checked all of her paperwork on the plane and she had her new school uniforms. All she had to do was head to school the next morning.

'It's hard to sleep because this is a new place,' She thought to herself. 'I'll eventually get used to this. I'll turn this apartment into a home,'

What was a home? It was a place where one felt safe. It was a place where one was surrounded with family and friends.

She had neither friends nor family. [Your Name]'s parents had died when she was four and she had been forced to live on the streets. She was taken in by Alistair and his older brother, taught and trained to be Alistair's bodyguard. In her line of work, she couldn't trust anyone and only followed her boss' orders. Friends were a liability so she found no use for friendship.

'Maybe I can give this friendship thing a try now...'

Friends sounded nice.

XXX

[Your Name] had woken up at 6:30 AM. She got up, took a quick shower, and changed into her uniform. It consisted of a white shirt with a blue collar, a blue tie, a black belt, and black pants. 'I'm grateful the school didn't want to pay more for the uniform company to produce a separate girls' uniform. It'd probably have a skirt and they're a pain in a fight. They also blow around and expose your underwear when a strong gust of wind blows,'

'Classes start at eight o'clock sharp,' She glanced at her watch to see that the time was 7:00 AM. 'Since I'm unfamiliar with the area, I'll leave right now. I'd rather be early than late,' She reached into her backpack and pulled out a map. 'Ah, that's right. I can't bring my sleeping bag with me to school. There's also a whole slew of things that I can't bring with me. It's a good thing I packed a smaller backpack,'

She opened up the vacuum sealed plastic wrap and removed her backpack. [Your Name] placed all of her school supplies and other things she'd need into her new backpack. She paused when she saw her knives. 'I can't bring my knives to school, but it feels weird without them. It makes me feel vulnerable. Maybe I'll just bring two with me for now. I'll keep them hidden,' 

[Your Name] left her apartment at 7:15 and...well, her navigational skill weren't the best. They were fucking terrible. Like seriously, how did she survive up until now with these horrible navigational skills? Why not use a map? She sucked at reading maps.

She glumly wandered around the city and hoped that she'd eventually come across her new school. After a couple minutes, her face lit up upon seeing a school come into view and she bolted to its front gate. "Finally!"

But [Your Name]'s happy mood didn't last long when she noticed that everyone was wearing a uniform completely different to hers. She read the school name: Yeo-Il High School.

Shit. [Your Name] was at the wrong high school!

"Damn it!" She cursed and pulled at her [Hair Color] hair hard enough to inflict some pain onto herself but not enough to actually pull any strands out.

She heard someone clearing their throat and she turned around to come face to face to a real life vampire. Okay, he probably wasn't a vampire since he was standing in broad daylight, but he looked like one! He was pale with platinum blonde—hell, it was so light it could be called silver— hair and blood red eyes. From the exposed skin of his neck and hands, she could see that he was covered in tattoos.

Standing next to the Vampire Boy was a taller boy with maroonish-red hair, grey eyes, and glasses. His skin was a fair skin tone, contrasting his companion's pale skin. He must've been the vampire's servant.

[Your Name] realized that she was standing in their way and quickly apologized. "Sorry!" She hurried away from the school gates.

A strong gust of wind blew your schedule out of her hand and towards the two boys. The vampire easily plucked it out of the air and his lips curved into a smirk upon skimming it. "You know that Eunjang isn't in that direction, right?"

[Your Name] had years of experience keeping a poker face on, although she was inwardly embarrassed. "I was taking the scenic route,"

"Scenery's still better the other way,"

"That's your opinion," [Your Name] told him in a calm tone. "Some people might think my way has better scenery," She retrieved her schedule from the pale boy. "Thanks for catching it," Not wanting to look like she was giving in and accepting that she had been going the wrong way, she proceeded in the direction that she had originally planned on going.

"Donald," Kingsley Kwan asked once the strange girl was out of sight. "Should we have told her that road gets cut off by construction?"

"There's no fun in telling her," Donald answered. "Her sense of direction must be pretty bad to end up at Yeo-Il. I would understand if she ended up at Hyeongshin since it's closest to Eunjang, but she somehow ended up here, at Yeo-Il,"

"That is quite an impressive feat," Kingsley agreed.

"Most people would have been intimidated by me, even if they don't know me or my reputation," Donald added. "Yet this girl was not at all bothered by my presence. She intrigues me,"

Donald, Kingsley, and Alistair are all freshman in this version instead of sophomores.

There will be some spoilers for Season 3.