Chapter 13: We Are Family

The walk to [Your Name]'s apartment was calm and peaceful. The two took a scenic route through the city. It became somewhat of a tour when Donald pointed out certain locations to her such as good cafes to eat at, restaurants with great service and food, shops that she might enjoy, etc.

They finally reached [Your Name]'s apartment building. As she entered the building, Donald waved to her. [Your Name] smiled and waved back. She made her way to the elevator and once she entered her apartment, she closed the door and her smile grew.

'After a month, you'll be ripped away from this peaceful life,'

Her smile immediately dropped.

"Hey [Your Name], are you alright?" Alistair asked when he noticed her expression.

"You're only going to be here for a month, right?"

"Yeah," Alistair nodded.

"And then...you'll just leave, right?"

'She's shaking. She's trying to put on a poker face, but she's failing. She's showing fear,' Alistair put a hand onto her shoulder. "What's wrong?" 'She was smiling when she came inside but then her smile disappeared. Did Donald do something to her!?'

"You're not going to force me to return to the guild...right?"

Alistair was stunned by that question. "Of course not!"

"Really?"

Alistair sighed. "[Your Name], you left the guild. You were allowed to leave the guild alive. No one's going to force you to come back. Wait, did my brother call you? Is Craton forcing you to return? If he is I'll—"

"He didn't call," [Your Name] told him. "I just thought...since you came here...you'll force me to go back..." 'I need to get ahold of my emotions!'

"You're happy here, aren't you?" Alistair asked. "Why would I take away your happiness?"

"Because I owe so much to the guild. If it weren't for you and Craton taking me in, I would've died on the streets,"

"You are done with the Desert Kingdom Guild," Alistair told her firmly. "You're a normal high schooler now. You're no longer an assassin. You no longer have to kill, steal, blackmail, or torture anyone. You no longer have to commit crimes. You're no longer the Grim Reaper. You're just [Your Name] [Last Name],"

She couldn't help but shed a few tears. "Why? Why did you help me leave? Just exactly what am I to you? Wasn't I just your bodyguard? Wasn't I just any other member of the Desert Kingdom?"

Alistair gently ruffled [Your Name]'s hair. "You're my little sister,"

[Your Name]'s eyes widened in shock. "What?"

"Seriously?" Alistair raised a brow. "Why are you so surprised? You've grown up alongside me for the past twelve years. I consider you family. Craton does too, but you know how he is. He tries to be all serious and stuff,"

"We're family, huh?" She smiled sadly. "When I lost my parents at four years old, I never thought I'd ever have a family again. I always thought I'd be alone forever,"

"Did you...only see me as the person you had to protect for your job?" Alistair questioned. "Did you never once consider me your friend at least?"

"There were times when I had the thought of us being friends, but I knew I couldn't let my emotions interfere with work," She told him. "I thought I had to keep things between us professional and that someone like me could never be your friend,"

"I won't let anyone drag you back to the guild," Alistair promised. "If someone tries to force you to return, whether it be Craton or another high ranking member, tell me and I'll rush over to make sure you get to keep your freedom,"

"What about you?" [Your Name] asked. "I can tell that you also wanted to leave the guild,"

"I really do," Alistair sighed. "But my face is too much like my big brother's. Enemies would be able to identify me as his brother rather quickly and they'd try to kidnap me to use as leverage. If I'm found hanging around you, your family, and your friends, you guys would also be in danger. I'm also not too keen on getting plastic surgery to change my face, so I'm stuck in the guild,"

"I'll....I'll try to visit you when I'm not busy," 

"You don't have to," He ruffled her hair. "Just live your life free for the both of us. From time to time, I'll visit you," He then smiled like a cat. "So...you spent the night with your husband,"

"Piss off," [Your Name] rolled her eyes. "I slept in the guest room. And he and I aren't married,"

"Yet," Alistair snickered. "You two have chemicals,"

She quirked her brow. "Don't you mean chemistry?" She shook her head. "Damien and I are just friends. I'm gonna shower and change and then I'm gonna rest for a bit before heading to work,"

"You said you work at Cafe Gamma, right?" Alistair questioned.

"Yeah," She nodded. "It's located near the back of Daehyeon High School where my brothers attend,"

"Maybe I'll tag along to meet them," Alistair joked.

"I don't even know if they'll be there today," She told him.

"Uh, you can text them?" Alistair reminded as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

[Your Name]:
Hey guys, do you want
to meet my brother?

Jake the Dog:
But...we're your bros?

Kenny the Human:
Jake, she can have 
other brothers besides
us

Kenny the Human:
Don't be jealous

Jake the Dog:
I'm not jealous!

Dean:
When would we be
meeting him?

[Your Name]:
He's coming with me
to Cafe Gamma this
afternoon

Eunchanchanchan:
Yay! We're adopting
another brother!

"I guess that means that they'll meet you at Cafe Gamma," [Your Name] shrugged. "Also, Eunchan wants to adopt you as their brother too,"

"Hahaha," Alistair laughed. "The more the merrier I guess. What about your friends from school?"

[Your Name]:
Wanna meet all my
brothers at once?

Big Ben:
Yup!

GoGo:
Sure

Snake Boi:
Depends on the time
and location

[Your Name]:
They'll be at Cafe
Gamma this afternoon

[Your Name]:
I'll be working though
so don't be too loud

[Your Name]:
They might be overwhelming
but if you can handle Ben
then you can probably 
handle them

Another big change to this version. In the Old Version, the Eungang and Otaku Bois didn't meet until canon meeting, but in this version they'll meet much earlier.