Chapter 12: Breakfast with Damien

[Your Name] woke up to her phone constantly vibrating. 'Ugh...who the hell's calling me so early? At least my phone was on silent so my ringtone isn't blasting,'

"[Your Name], did you get home alright!?" 

"Yeah, my friend picked me up and I stayed over at his place. I just woke up,"

"We're glad you're safe. Teddy accidentally bought hard lemonade,"

"I noticed," If it wasn't alcoholic, she wouldn't have gotten drunk in the first place. 

"Last night...you told us that your Vampire Husband picked you up,"

"That's the nickname I gave to my friend," She yawned and stretched her limbs. "Sometimes I just call him Vampire Boy. He calls me Wifey,"

"You told us that he goes to Yeo-Il High School,"

"He and one of my brothers both go there," She glanced at the time. "Fuck! I'm late for school!"

"But [Your Name], it's the weekend. We don't have class today,"

"Oh...Then I'll just continue relaxing until I gotta get to work," 'I gotta get home to my own apartment,' "See you guys at school Monday," She then hung up. 'Alistair better not have messed up my apartment or gone through my things while I was gone,' She headed downstairs and sprinted when she smelled something burning. 'Is the house on fire!?'

Donald was in the kitchen and had just turned off the stove. Whatever was in the frying pan was completely burnt. "I was cooking breakfast,"

"Are you sure you weren't trying to burn your house down?" She joked. "What do you want to eat? I'll cook it,"

"You don't have to," Donald said. "I can order delivery,"

"It's the least I could do since you let me stay at your place," She grabbed a clean pan while Donald scraped his monstrosity into the trash. "What do you want to eat?"

"I'm fine with whatever," Donald shrugged, slightly embarrassed that his friend had witnessed his horrible attempt at cooking.

"Any allergies?"

"None,"

[Your Name] quickly went through the refrigerator and the cupboards to see what ingredients were available. She grabbed some ingredients, a bowl, and a whisk. She began to mix items together and once she had a batter she poured some into the frying pan.

"That smells delicious," Donald, who was unable to save the pan he had cooked with and had to throw the whole thing away, commented. "What are you making?"

"Crepes," She flipped the one in the pan with a flick of her wrist. "Get your plate ready,"

Donald handed a plate to [Your Name] and she slid the cooked crepe onto it before pouring more batter into the pan. Once all of the batter was turned into a stack of crepes, she cooled the pan down under some running water and then began to do the dishes.

"I can do the dishes," Donald told her. "You already cooked breakfast,"

"It's not that many," She continued to do clean the dishes she had used.

"Then let me help," Donald walked over beside her and took the spare sponge.

With the two of them working together, the dishes were all finished within a few minutes. [Your Name] dried her hands on a paper towel. "I hope you enjoy your breakfast,"

Donald grabbed her arm as she was about to head towards the door. "You're not eating?"

"I'm gonna stop by my apartment for a bit and then head to work in the afternoon," She informed him. "All those crepes are for you,"

"Why don't you stay here and eat with me" Donald suggested. "You haven't eaten yet and I'm pretty sure I can't finish these all by myself,"

"You can just give some to Damon and Mr. Nae," She recalled Donald mentioning that they were his next door neighbors. "I'm fine, Damien,"

"I'm sure you had a lot to drink last night," Donald reminded. "Eating some breakfast should help if you have a hangover or still feel nauseous,"

'He actually wants me to stay and eat with him,' [Your Name] thought. "Since I don't feel like cooking once I get home, I'll accept your offer. What do you want to eat with your crepes? Peanut butter? Chocolate? Fruit? Jam?"

"Chocolate sounds nice," Donald loved chocolate. "Maybe some bananas," Fruit made it healthy, right?

She grabbed the chocolate spread and a few bananas. She added them to some of the crepes before folding them and handing them to her friend. She then made her share of crepes into her preferred style and began to eat her own.

"These are really great," Donald said after taking a bite. "You're a good cook,"

"I work at a cafe, so I need to be able to cook," [Your Name] said.

"Which cafe?" Donald inquired.

"Cafe Gamma," She informed. "It's near the rear gate of Daehyeon High School where my brothers go,"

'That's the school Jake attends,' Donald resisted the urge to frown. 'If Wifey works at Cafe Gamma and Jake goes there...knowing Jake's personality, he probably would get along with her,' Donald was jealous of the thought. "Do you want me to drive you to your apartment and then drop you off to Cafe Gamma?"

"It's fine," [Your Name] declined. "I'll walk since I have a couple hours to spare. Besides, I'm sure you're busy,"

'I actually have some meetings with clients, but I can tell Kingsley to reschedule them,' Donald thought. "I'm not busy. Want me to walk you to your apartment?"

"Are you sure you're not busy?" She questioned. "I don't want to take up more of your time than I already have,"

"I have time," Donald told her. "I'll always have time for you," He immediately blushed when he realized what he just said. 

[Your Name] blushed faintly but managed to keep a poker face. "If you really do have time and it doesn't bother you...then you can walk me to my apartment,"

Donald still sucks at cooking in this story.