Chapter 17: Fireworks

Word count: 611

Izuku's POV

"And then it exploded!" Eri grins, throwing her hands up in the air, mimicking an explosion.

"No one got hurt right?" Izuku said worriedly.

"Yeah, everyone was fine. But it was funny seeming those scientists panic for once." Eri giggled.

"259, come with me." A scientist poked her head through the door.

Izuku looked at Eri quizzically, and panicked when he saw that her face was scrunched up with worry and anger.

"What's wrong Eri?" Izuku said in a frightened voice. "Does she mean me or you?"

"You." Eri continued scrunching up her face. "Don't go with them. They're gonna hurt you."

"Hurt me?" Izuku squawked. "Why? What did I do?" He started panicking more.

"Now," The woman barked. "Or do you want me to drag you over."

Izuku shook as he stumbled over and yelped when she roughly took him by the shoulder and led him down a white abyss.

"W-where are we going?" Izuku asked, hoping to get some information. The scientist didn't answer, just kept her eyes forward, strides steady.

Giving up on talking, Izuku focused on trying to memorize the path in which he took. Left, left, right, forward, right, left, right, forward, forward...does it go on forever?

It was another few minutes before the scientist finally opened a door and shoved Izuku in.

Izuku barely registered his surroundings before he felt himself slammed onto a slanted, table? Then restraints dug onto his arms and legs. What's going on? The one who slammed him down turned away quickly, not giving Izuku a chance to catch a glimpse of their face.

"H-hello?" Izuku said in a quiet voice, struggling to keep his breathing normal.

Then it felt like his body exploded.

Izuku didn't feel any of his senses working. He tried to scream, but it didn't feel like he had a mouth.

This pain, feels familiar?

It was agony, lying there, feeling spasms shake across his body but also not feeling them at the same time. Was anything real at this point? Do I exist anymore? How am I still alive? Am I dead?

After what felt like an eternity of this emptiness only filled with pain, feeling slowly crawled back into his body. First his feet, legs, then torso, then hands and arms, and finally his head.

Izuku finally let out a shriek and thrashed against the restraints. His heart was pumping fiercely, but his head was blurry, and nothing made sense. He felt a needle stick into his arm, and sank into a comfortable, painless darkness.

Eri's POV

Eri was panicking. Oh no, Izu said it was really bad to go with them, but he forgot everything, what will happen?

Calm down. Izu said it'll be okay. Eri took in deep breaths and tried to remember what Izuku would tell her about before.

"What are these Izu?" Eri pointed at what looked like to a spiky wheel.

"Fireworks! Colorful explosions caused by-"

"Aren't explosions bad?" Eri frowned. "Why are they letting people explode the sky?"

Izuku smiled. "Not all explosions are bad. These ones are harmless and pretty."

"Woah," Eri looked at the black and white image again. "I thought all explosions are bad. Can we see them?"

"When we get out of here, we can see them!"

Eri finally let out a shuddering breath and felt her heart rate slow down. Izu'll be okay. He's super smart!

Eri stood up and shuffled through the section where she remembered Izuku stuck the book. After flipping through many of them, she found it.

When we get out, we can see them. The pretty fireworks. Eri stared at the black and white image.