Chapter 5

Marinette's POV

I wanted to die right there and then from embarrassment. Grandfather was there, and he had a disapproving look on his face. I sat down, and picked up the phone that connected to the other side of the glass. "You failed your mission. Explain."

I looked down, not knowing what to do. "I've told you about Lila, right?" He nodded his head. "She has gone missing, and everyone accused me of kidnapping her. I swear by the kwamis I didn't." 

"Do you have a plan to fix this problem?"

"Yes. Damian said that he'll tell Bruce. They'll be able to get me out of here and I can continue. I had almost caught him. I came up with an idea about how to track the butterflies. I know who Hawkmoth is."

"Go on," he said.

"Gabriel Agreste. His assistant, Nathalie, is Mayura."

"I will send someone to take care of them-"

"Please, Grandfather. Please let me complete my mission. I've come so close. They go in me anyways," I pleaded.

A look of thought was plastered on his expression. "Ok, but then we are going back to the Order. You better get out of here "legally" or you are getting out illegally," he said with seriousness. I put my head down from being ashamed, but made a small nod.

"Please don't be mad at me Grandfather," I said, once I knew our conversation was over. "Tom and Sabine have made things even harder than they should be."

His eyes instantly softened, and he tapped on the glass to make be look at him more closely. "I'll never be mad at you, Marinette," he whispered my name, "but I am shocked you managed to get yourself into this place."

That made me think of everyone here. "Yeah, me too. But there are a lot of kids here that were innocent. For instance, my friend Sass. She's been in here since she was seven because she was near her mother when she was murdered. It's really sad."

"This happens a lot of people, Marinette. It is really sad. I'm sorry you are having to experience this."

I let out a weak smile, "Yeah, me too." I looked back at one of the guards, they pointed at their watch- saying my time was up. "I have to go. See you one way or another, Grandfather," I smiled. And he sent a sympathetic one my way.

I hung up the phone, and stood up. Then, I went to another guard. He smiled my way. Not a happy smile, but an evil one. We made our way back to the cafeteria. I was somewhat confused then he asked, "Was that man over there your grandfather?"

I answered truthfully since I didn't want to get in trouble. "Yes w-" He pulls out a large knife. "How did you get that past security?!" I screeched, backing away.

"I have my tricks, just like you!" He then attacks me, and we brake out into a sophisticated fight in the middle of the court yard. 

Wait! I recognized this fighting style! Damian and I spar a LOT when his family isn't home. He's from the League of Assassins. "Why would the League want me dead," I say so only he could hear.

"I'm not in the league anymore. I wanted to kill you, Fu, and maybe even Thalia or Ra's before they kill me," he says back.

"Well, everyone here is watching. You aren't that smart!" I said as I landed a kick in his face. He spat out blood, and I didn't even have a scratch on me. "Maybe you should leave while you still can!"

He rolled his eyes, and continued on. We kept fighting, and no one came for about five minutes. I almost wanted them to leave us alone, let us fight it out. It was a pretty good workout. But, grandfather would be disappointed on me if I kept on. At the very last second, he landed a scratch on my hand, but I ignored it. The other guards held him back while I just watched with a smug smile on my face.