Chapter 10

Marinette's POV

I threw up in my mouth. "Warning next time, please," I say hunched over holding it in. "Give me a minute. I think I'm gonna be sick." 

"Sorry," he said looking at me with sympathy.

"It's okay," I say, standing up straight. "So...where should we..." I drifted off.

"Come on," he said, almost jumping up and down. We walked over to the giant barn. Clark was up on a ladder, working on something I don't know the name of. I almost turned and walked away then and there, but I didn't. I didn't want to look like a wimp. 

Then I realized...I didn't even think of what I'm going  to say. What if I say something really embarrassing and- "Hey Jon. Who's your friend?" 

What was I thinking? I can't just say, 'Hey, I'm your daughter, but you've never known me because I've lived on the other side of the globe my whole life. Do you remember anyone that goes my the name Jane Fu? Yeah, that's my mother. She's a real nut case.' No! That's not how it works. It's not like Clark'll believe me anyway. "Hey, Dad. This is Marinette." I froze, but it was in a kind of way that wouldn't be noticeable. Though, Clark probably did; he's Superman. Jon looked at me with a puzzled expression. 

Yep. Clark noticed.

"I- uh. Nice meeting you Mr. K-Kent. Sorry we b-bothered you," I said. Then I whispered, "Let's go Jon." I knew he could still hear me, and I also knew that he was starring at the back of my head wondering what I strange person I am.

Jon understood the expression on my face, and said, "Bye, dad. See you later," in his enthusiastic voice. Then he put his arm around my shoulder like an old friend and led me out of the barn. Once we were outside, he let go of me and we walked towards the road in silence. "I'm sorry," I spoke at last.

Jon looked at me with a confused expression, "For what?" I looked down at my feet and just thought about what I had just done. "You didn't do anything. You were just nervous about meeting your father. I would be too if I were in your shoes." We sat down on a log beside the road.

There was another long moment full of silence. "Do you want me to...um..."

"Yeah...can you...?"

"Yeah."

"Thanks," I said. 

"So, I'm going to go to the Order of Miraculous," I said. He nodded. We said our goodbyes and I eventually made a portal. 

"You have to take me somewhere through that sometime," he said. I nodded and leaped through. Then I realized that was kind of rude, but I knew he would understand.

But, I didn't go to the Order, I went to Paris. I think I could use some girl time.

TIME SKIP

I went back to Order that night. I couldn't stop thinking about what Jon is going to tell our father. Tonight, I was planning to fight my troubles out...with my mother. I waited until most of the order was asleep, then I went down into the dungeons. There, my mother was tied up. I paralyzed her before she could do anything, and silently unlocked all of the chains. I didn't want to risk it yet. Maybe I'll let her walk when we go back.

She unfroze and looked at me with a smirk. I tossed her a katana. "So," she said as she tried to take my head off. "Have you told Clark yet?" She landed a side kick on my ribs. I hissed in pain and backed up.

"Kind of," I said as I did the same to her, and she yelped.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"What? Am I hearing right? Jane Fu wants to have a civilized conversation with me?"

"Maybe I don't even want to kill you any more," she said which shocked me. She backed up and dropped her sword. My eyes held only shock.

"Really?"

"Why not? I'm not a total heartless maniac."

I deadpanned, "You tried to kill me: Your only daughter."

"The past is the past."

"Fine, but I'm not letting my guard down."

"I wouldn't expect you to. Though, that was the deal, correct? We fight; I cooperate?"

"Sure," I said, watching her skeptically. 

"Did you talk to Clark?"

"Kind of." She gave me a look that said 'seriously?'. I just stared. "Are you even my mother?" She glared. "I don't want to tell you. You'll be disappointed, it's not like I want your approval or anything." She raised an eyebrow. "Jon is going to tell him....I went to do it earlier today, but I stuttered and wasn't able to."

"Let's fight," she said, bending down for her katana. I nodded in agreement (also sighing in exasperation). We started up again and she slashed at my side. I did the same to her before she could even step back. She scoffed, obviously somewhat embarrassed, and continued to fight. She jabbed the back of the sword into my side, and I stepped back. 

"Ow," I said with a cough following. She smirked, and waited for me to get back to her. Honestly, she could've killed me right then and there, but she didn't. We kept going for about a half an hour more before we both decided it was time to go.

"I think I'm going to sleep here tonight," I mumbled to myself.

"Where do you usually sleep?" She asked. 

"Depends," I say, not wanting her to know about Chloe and I sleepovers yet. Also about...*awkward cough* Damian. "Are you going to run away if we walk?"

She glared at me, probably not wanting to answer a question like that to her own daughter. I took that as a yes and opened the highly secure doors. We made our way to the dungeons, where I tied her up as usual. She kept surprisingly still; I started wondering if she was planning something.

I left with a good night, and headed to my sleeping chambers.

A/N: HEY, so I'm going to take a break from writing for a while. I mean, I might do a few updates, but not all of the time. I'm reading Percy Jackson- well The Heroes of Olympus, because I already read the- ugh, you know what I'm talking about. Anyway, when I get into a book series, I get kind of obsessive. Like, I read ALL of the Twilight books within a week because I liked it so much. And I'm not just talking about the four main books, I'm talking about "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner" (me: being sad that Diego had died, but I knew it would happen anyway) and "Midnight Sun." Anyway, that is why I won't be writing very much and why I haven't updated in a while.