𝟎𝟎𝟎𝟑

'i need help believing you're with me tonight.'

— 🏹🕊

"I thought we discovered that I couldn't dance last season!" Owen groaned, falling onto the floor in exhaustion.

"No, we discovered that you can dance. You just don't have confidence in yourself." Kenny told him.

I watched from the side of the practice floor. I wasn't in any of the dance scenes, but it was still fun to watch them do their magic. Owen had been practicing a Dirty Candy dance number for at least an hour and a half now, and he couldn't seem to figure the moves out.

Everyone could tell he was getting frustrated. Sighing, Kenny clapped his hands together, causing the room to go silent.

"Let's take ten. Get some water, stretch. Give yourselves a break." He told them before they all left the room.

Kenny made a beeline for Owen, sitting down in front of him on the floor. I picked up my phone, not wanting Owen to think that I was listening to their conversation (even though I really was.)

"What's going on?" Kenny asked him.

"I can't get any of this. The moves are too difficult. My stupid body doesn't want to cooperate. I don't know how I'm going to get this done, Kenny." Owen let out a harsh breath, putting his head in his hands.

"Why don't you just go home and get some rest? We only have an hour left before we need to be out of the studio. I'll let Tori and Paul know." Kenny tried.

Owen nodded, running his hands along his face. "Thanks. I'm sorry for wasting so much time." He apologized.

"Don't be sorry. Come back tomorrow ready to get back into it. I'll see if we can simplify the choreo. Go get some rest." Kenny patted Owen on the shoulder before standing up.

As Owen stood up, he grabbed his things, walking past me. "Hey, O. Wait up!" I quickly got from my spot, running after him.

"Hey, New Girl." He smiled slightly, looking down at me.

"It's been 6 months. I'm not new anymore." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

He shrugged taking his hat off his head, running his fingers through his hair. "Too bad. New Girl just fits."

I rolled my eyes jokingly, "So, you going home?"

He sighed, "I guess so. I just need a break."

"You did great back there." I told him, causing him to scoff.

"Yeah, sure. If you call tripping over my own feet 'great.'" He rolled his eyes.

"You'll get it. You just gotta believe in yourself." I said. Owen didn't say anything else, just nodded. "I'll see you tomorrow, Hotdog." I grinned, walking away.

"Ew. Don't ever call me that again." I could hear him yell as I exited the studio.

• • •

oboe 🐐🧢 sent you a message

oboe 🐐🧢  - bindi just pooped INSIDE my shoes

oboe 🐐🧢  - bindi just pooped INSIDE my shoes. cheers.

aisla - yeah, no. idek what to say to that 🤢
aisla - see you at 10 🌭

• • •

"How did you even find that out? Did you put on your shoes?" I asked, genuinely interested in this story.

"Luckily, no. I woke up and smelt something really bad and it was coming from the front door. I looked down and it was just literally running down the side of my shoe." His face contorted.

I held back a gag as I waved my hand, stopping him from saying anything else. "That's disgusting."

"Alright guys, huddle up!" Kenny's voice echoed throughout the room.

"We are going to start off with the Dirty Candy number. Owen, you ready?" Kenny asked.

I could see Owen tense as he mentioned the number. Plastering on a smile, Owen nodded, swallowing hard.

"Great. Let's all meet back up at 1pm for lunch. Let's get some work done today." Kenny smiled, clapping.

Once everyone had broken from the group huddle, Owen let out a shaky breath.

I grabbed his hand, comfortingly. "You're going to do fine." Nodding, Owen pulled his hand away, slowly making his way to the practice floor.

• • •

Owen had actually made some progress. It wasn't the greatest dancing in the world, but he had the basics of the number down pat. Once Tori and Paul slowed it down and explained it in non-dance terms, Owen started to pick up on the moves.

I watched as his confidence slowly started to emerge. A few hours later, Owen was doing the number almost perfectly. Sure he messed up some, but it still looked amazing.

When 1pm rolled along, Owen fell on the floor, breathless. I laughed, making my way to him, laying beside him.

"You did good today, Hotdog." I told him.

"I said not to call me that again." He groaned.

"Only if you stop calling me New Girl." I raised my brow at him.

"Never." He said, getting up off of the ground. Rolling over I held my hand out to him.

"Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!" I yelled, fake crying. Owen stared at me, blank faced.

"Bye, Grandma." He waved, walking out of the practice room.

I rolled my eyes, standing up, "I like New Girl better." I muttered, walking out of the room to catch up with the idiot.