𝟎𝟎𝟎𝟔

'lying beside you with you wanting me.'

— 🏹🕊

As I pulled my keys out, Charlie walked out of his room, a sly grin forming on his face. "What do you want?" I rolled my eyes.

"So, you and Owen, huh?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"No, not 'me and Owen.' Goodnight, Charles." I put finger quotes around his phrase, going to unlock my door.

"Hey, wait." Charlie grabbed my keys out of my hand.

"If you don't give my keys back right now, I swear to God, I will kick you in the balls so hard you won't be able to have children." I glared at him. I had been up since 4am and only got to eat lunch. This boy shouldn't dare mess with me.

He held his hands up in surrender, backing up a little. "Look, all I gotta say is that you two are cute together. I could see something happening between you guys. Anddd I think Owen likes you." He teased, handing my keys to me.

"Whatever. Owen doesn't like me." I huffed, unlocking the door to mine and Savannah's shared apartment.

"That's not what he says." Charlie smirked.

"Goodnight, Charles." I repeated, slamming the door.

Once I heard the boy's door close, I let out a breath that I had been holding. So many thoughts were running through my brain. Does Owen really like me? Is Charlie being serious for once? What is this going to do to our friendship? Should I say something to Owen about it? No. I'm not bringing it up unless he does first.

Sighing, I pushed myself off of the door, walking to my room. I put my things down, jumping onto my bed, not wanting to change or take off my makeup— just sleep.

I yawned, forcing myself to get off the bed. Once I was makeup free, I changed clothes, starting to get ready for bed. As soon as I laid down, my phone started ringing. Groaning, I picked it up, my heart beginning to race as I stared at the caller ID.

I took a deep breath before answering. "Hey, O."

"Hey, did I wake you up?" He asked. It sounded like he was the one who just woke up.

"No, you didn't. I just got home." I told him.

"Oh," he yawned, "Charlie woke me up talking to somebody in the hall."

"Yeah, that was me."

"Ugh, so you're the one who interrupted my beauty sleep." He joked tiredly.

"Guilty. Lord knows you need that beauty sleep."

Owen gasped, "Rude!" I laughed, shaking my head.

"So what did he want?" He asked.

My breath hitched, remembering the conversation. 'Anddd Owen likes you.' I cleared my throat.

"Oh, you know.. Just Charlie being Charlie." I laughed awkwardly, hoping he would ask anything else about it.

"Um, okay? Well, it looks like he's out cold now. I can finally have some peace and quiet. I'll see you tomorrow, New Girl." Owen said.