Old Thoughts- S4

877 words

Clementine moved through the woods, alone. She got separated from Aj and Louis after some of those Delta guys came along. She hoped they were ok. Clem had gotten so attached to Aj over the years, it was as if she was his mother when in reality his real mother was dead.

Clementine had a vivid memory of her death, It was cold and desolate, snow was falling gently over the already white covered ground. then the group of Russian people came with that one guy Jane stole meds from, Avro was his name. Aj's actual mother took a seat on a tire to try and rest. She died quickly of hypothermia and when she became a flesh-craving walker, Kenny took a shot at her head causing the Russians to open fire. this all happened when Clem was 11 or 12 but it felt like yesterday.

And Louis, they just connected in a way she never really had with anyone else, romance, it was weird for Clem to have a boyfriend or whatever their relationship was. "what are we?" she whispered to herself, still trudging through the autumn forest, Leaves crunching under her boots with every step.

The curly-haired adolescent inspected the bare woods around her. She then looked down at her arm realizing she had a minor wound on it, tearing the fabric of her denim jacket causing a small amount of crimson-colored fluid to ooze out from underneath her wrinkled shirt. She started to think about the little time she had as a kid before the earth had dead people walking. she was reminded of the time she lost Christa although her wound that time was almost lethal to her. The dog got her good.

she remembered some words like 'Homo sapiens' The teen wondered why they used more complicated words instead of just saying human. she then wandered off in thought, going through her whole life leading up to this moment. all of the people that she ever tried to survive with, all of the places she had been, all of the horrific events, all the murder. she had seen so much death over the past eight years of the apocalypse. one of the most remarkable and intense homicides she had seen was when Kenny killed Jane right in front of Clem.

It was not that long after Aj's mother had died maybe three days later. They captured Avro after they killed everyone in his group. Then Mike Bonnie and Arvo ran away but not before shooting Clementine for finding them out. Then it was just Clem, Kenny, Jane, and baby Aj. They got in the truck Kenny was able to get working and drove until they ran out of gas. Kenny got out to try to siphon some to bring back to the truck but they got ambushed by some walkers. Jane ran out into the violent blizzard with the baby. and Clem tried to find at least one of them.

After some searching, Clementine found a small building and walked inside, sheltering herself from the harsh weather outside. She saw Kenny. they greeted and not too long after, Jane emerged from the blizzard without a baby. Jane attempted to explain herself but Kenny was not having it they shouted and fought. "How could you kill a child!" The beaded man would shout. "It was an accident, Kenny." Jane would shoot back. Jane had slashed Kenny's gut, but by the end of the fight, Kenny was on top of Jane with her knife embedded into her chest.

They heard a loud cry coming from a car. They rushed over there to see Aj perfectly fine and alive. Jane had hidden the baby to prove a point and that was what killed her. after all of this trauma, she kind of had turned into a misanthrope, only trusting the people she knew and loved. she wasn't much of a people person anymore

Clementine shivered at the thought like she was really there at that exact moment. she was shaken from her thoughts when she a familiar voice. "how much longer to the school?" a young voice asked. "I'm not sure little man but once we see the tape we should be close." a heavier voice responded. but it sounded like there were more than just two pairs of footsteps. Clementine peeked up from a large stone to see Louis and Aj but also two men. They didn't look like they were part of the delta as they always wore a set uniform.

"so how do you know her anyway?" Louis chirped looking back at the two men. "Oh, she is an old friend we went through a lot." one of the men explained. "something like that we didn't know her at the same time though." Clementine Cleared her through. "Uh, Louis, Aj who are these people?"

they all tilted their head toward the voice at a fast pace, one of the men took a metallic baseball from their back. she looked at the men and instantly smiled. "Kenny? Javi?" She said in disbelief. She rushed to them and they welcomed her in a group hug. Louis and Aj joined in as well. "Clem!" Louis, Aj Kenny, and Javi all smiled. she was reunited with the people she loves.

Hey guys I have my first one-shot out, What did you guys think? btw this was a school essay I did so that's cool I guess.