Prizes/Rubrics for Judges

BENEFITS (prizes)
- Collect at least 10 new followers
- Give anonymous feedback
- Read vetted stories
- Simple judging rubric
- Light workload with hefty returns
- Obligation-Free: Quit at any time

FORM
Username:
Are you a Student?:
Do you understand that you will be asked to follow the winner? (only 1 follow)
Do you understand that you will be asked to shout out the winner? (only 1 shout out)
Do you understand you will only receive your 10 followers after round 1?
Do you understand that your rejection pile will be read by the hosts?
Click here to fill out the form inline 👉

Rubrics (ROUND 1)
Does the first chapter have:
- a clear genre? (What genre?)
- a clear MC(s)? (Name(s)?)
- a clear time period? (When does it take place?)
- a clear problem? (What's the problem?)
- a unique plot?
- tension?
- a hook ending?

Why be a judge?
The truth and the matter is that judging isn't easy. And judging a story you don't particularly enjoy is even harder. This award will be fair for all parties involved; for the judge and, of course, the participants.

The way it is comprised, you can walk away with 10 new followers or more. As multiple judges will tackle a collective of stories, you are not responsible for any set amount so if something comes up and you can't finish, no worries, someone will cover for you.

Be warned, though, judges themselves are being judged and should one be found misbehaving, they will leave empty-handed with not even one follow. Submit your form to find out more.

FAQ
Can judges participate?
No, but we hope to do this award more than once and invite judges to participate then. Remember, only completed books can participate.

I am a student and need flexibility
That's fine, please mark that on the form.

I don't want to read certain books
That's fine, please PM us PRIVATELY with any types you cannot read, we'll accommodate you.

When do I get my follows?
At the start of round 2 and ONLY then.

When and how will the judges themselves be judged?
Each story you reject will be read by the hosts. If it's found that you are dumping stories that would have otherwise passed, you will be dismissed, WITHOUT follows.

I'm bad at feedback. What should I do?
Leave that to us. Simply send the feedback in as necessary and we'll clean up the wording for you. There is NO feedback in round 1.

How many chapters must I read?
You'll be asked to read only one chapter per your list of books in round 1. In round 2, half of the judges will read two more. In round three the next half of the judges will read 5 more. So in total, roughly 5 to 6 chapters but you are able to stop at any chapter you see fit. But remember that your dropped books will be evaluated so make sure it's a book you cannot continue. Our goal is to work together to keep the workload light.