Act 1 - Scene 1

Year 2019. At Althea's home in Greece.

Althea, a 15 year old, and her father are seen having a heated conversation in the foyer. Althea's father doesn't seem pleased with her.

Father: "Althea!"

Althea: "What?"

Father: "I thought I'd asked you to go tutor Damien from 4th Avenue. His father just made a call letting me know he's been paying us the monthly fee for the past two months and his son's been wandering off to parties at night instead of coming here because you told him to "Go have fun!" What do you think you're doing trying to bring down the family's name along with yours?"

Althea: "I told you I don't want to tutor anyone. I'm not interested."

Father: "That's not an option, young lady. We Theos have been teaching and illuminating the common man's mind with a wealth of knowledge for centuries. And you are not going to put an end to it, not while I'm here."

Althea: "I'm sure your son wouldn't mind..."

Father: "That's enough! It's time you learned a lesson."

Althea: "Aren't we learning lessons all the time just by existing..."

Althea's mother enters.

Mother: "Althea, go to your room."

Althea: "But mom..."

Mother: "No."

Exit, Althea.

Althea walks into her room, shoulders shrugged, disappointment, and irritation written all over her face. Anger building up in that little head of hers.

Why, why me?! The age-old question twisted and turned in her as she lay on her ivory blanket on the floor.