t w e n t y • f o u r

• • •

𝕤𝕪𝕕𝕟𝕖𝕪

"Hey, Syd!" Chases fat head practically screams once I answer his FaceTime call, immediately regretting even accepting it.

"Chase." I mutter, raising my eyebrows when I realise that he's literally sitting on the floor of the apartments laundry room. Who let him near the laundry? Chase is literally the definition of destruction— something wrong is always bound to happen when it involves him.

"I have a question and I need answers." he says like a child.

I roll my eyes. "And that question is?"

"How do I use the washing machine?"

I pause. "You're joking, right?"

He blinks a few times before answering. "No."

"Chase," I sigh. "You're literally 27."

"That doesn't mean anything!" he says in defence, cutting me off before I can say anything else. "Just tell me how to use it, please." he groans.

"Okay, okay, okay," I repeat and roll my eyes. "See the handle on the left hand side?"

I see him nod. "Yeah."

"Pull it open and add the detergent into it."

"Yeah, I've already done that part. The white bottle with the green logo?" he asks.

I feel my heart drop. "White bottle? Green logo?"

"Yeah?" he says slowly, pulling the bottle into the camera. "This is the detergent, yes?"

I facepalm. "Chase! That's fucking bleach! Get it out!"

"It's bleach?" he screeches, dropping his phone onto the bench beside him. "What do you mean it's bleach?"

I pinch my nose. "I mean it's not the fucking detergent and will stain all of our clothes if you don't fucking get it out within two seconds! How long has it been sitting there for?"

He mutters something under his breath while rubbing the back of his neck, though, I couldn't quite make out what he was saying.

"Chase." I roll my eyes. "Speak up, dude."

"Like, fiveortenminutesorso...."

"What?"

"Y'know... five... ten.... two seconds?"

"Chase Stokes, stop being a whore and answer my question!"

"Ten minutes!" he blurts. "Okay! Ten minutes!"

My jaw drops. "For fuck sakes! Where's Mads? Get her to help you out."

"She's not here!" he argues. "That's why I asked you for help, dingus!"

"Oh my god-" I facepalm. "You are seriously the dumbest person I have ever met."

"Why thank you, Syd, that's so nice of you." he sarcastically says.