f i v e

• • •

𝕣𝕦𝕕𝕪

"Is she okay?" I ask Madelyn as I pour myself a glass of juice, a little worried about the blonde haired girl that hasn't come out of her room all day.

I wasn't stupid, I was completely aware of what's happening online— it was the only thing that the media was talking about. Lenny's post on his instagram story honestly surprised me... it didn't make sense. To go from commenting stupid shit on her instagram page to apologising for his actions this past year was kinda weird. At first I didn't believe it, I just thought that he was trying to somehow win Sydney back, but now that it's been hours since it's happened, I think it's genuine.

Madelyn gives me a reassuring nod as she begins to take food out of the fridge to make two sandwiches. "She's fine, I swear. She's just in the zone."

I furrow my eyebrows. "In the zone...?"

"She's written three songs in the last two hours." she announces as she pulls apart some lettuce.

I nearly spit out my juice. "Three songs?"

She nods. "Three songs." she confirms.

"How the fuck..." I trail off, wondering how someone can complete three songs in the space of two hours. I remember back in high school when I had to compose a song for my music class— it took me a solid two weeks just to come up with a full verse.

"I have no clue," she shrugs, spreading some mayo on the bread. "It's crazy how easy things just come to her. She's a natural."

I shake my head in disbelief, taking another sip of my juice. "Tell me about it."

After a few seconds of silence, she slaps her hands together to dust off the small amount of crumbs, pushing one of the sandwiches towards me on the counter. "Now, be a nice 'future boyfriend'," she teases, mocking a comment that a fan left on Syd's instagram page this morning about me, "and take this sandwich to her, please. She's barely eaten and it's stressing me out."

I roll my eyes at her words but do as she asks, placing my now empty cup on the bench and take the plate.

"As you wish, Ms. Cline." I say in a posh accent, doing a little curtsy for some harmless banter.

It's her turn to roll her eyes now. "Piss off, Pankow. Go take your girlfriend her sandwich."

"She's not my girlfriend!" I defend myself as I walk towards Sydney's room.

"Yet!" she adds, making me groan. First Chase and now her? I'm seriously going to die.

I stop at Sydney's door and softly knock on it, hearing the faint sounds of a guitar strumming slowly come to a stop.

"It's open." her soft Australian accent announces from the other side, giving me the all clear to open the door.

I walk in and i'm instantly met with the strong but comforting smell of strawberry scented surf wax— something she picked up from the show after surfing so much during filming.

Her room was extremely simple but yet so pleasing to look at— it was very her. Each wall was a dull white, littered with ivy vines, LED lights, twinkle lights and numerous amounts of her favourite vinyls. My favourite wall, though, was the one on the left.