Chapter 20

Eva POV

"Give me a reason, Eva. Just one damn good reason why I shouldn't kill her right here and now!" Mira said, "Because dear sister, she's nothing more than a child." I said, "Her body might be an adult's, but mentally she's a child who only wants to be loved." I said, "I'm guessing she was one of Melody's wives?" she said, "Yeah, and as much as it pains me to admit. You were right, about her anyway. All of us are divorcing Melody. We still love her, but we can't take her neglect any longer." I said.

Cinder POV

I took (y/n) with me to Salem's Monstra. I knew he'd be terrified, "Mama." (y/n) said as he clung to me, "I know honey, I know, but Mama needs you to be brave. Can you be brave for Mama?" I asked sweetly, "Otay." he said as he buried his face in my chest. "Everything will be ok. I won't let her hurt you." I said.

"Cinder." Salem said as I knelt before her, "I'm sorry my lady, I failed." I said, "I see. I see now that I was wrong. That I was wrong in how I treat you...I have been far too soft." she said as she grabbed my left arm, suddenly it felt like every cell in my arm was burning, I cried in pain, "MAMA!" (y/n) cried as he ran to me, "STAY BACK!" I said as tears rolled down my face, "I remember you. I see you survived and found your way to me." Salem said, "Come here little one." she said as she let me go, "(y-y/n) do as she says." I said (y/n) nodded and walked over to Salem. "Cinder there is nothing wrong with motivating yourself. I wrongly assumed that you were motivated by your loyalty to me. However, do not forget who you serve." she said, "I won't. I am nothing without you." I said, 'For the first time in my life, I truly mean that. I truly am nothing without you, (y/n).' I thought as I got up and left.

(y/n) POV

"Mama!" I said, "Stay." Salem said I stayed where I was solely out of fear, "Cinder has awful taste in pets. And it seems you have yet to be properly trained." she said, "You gave her hope. Hope for a better life, sadly for her, I am all she will ever have." she said as she placed her hand on my shoulder, suddenly my fear got the better of me and cause me to wet myself, "Pathetic. However, I'd like for you to entertain me more." she said as she sat in her throne. 'Mama.' I thought as I began to cry.