Chapter 4

Cinder POV

"Sweetie, SWEETIE NO DON'T PUT THAT IN YOUR MOUTH! AND DON'T PLAY WITH THAT, THAT'S A GUN!" I said as I chased my son around the bandit camp, "Being a mother is exhausting! Why does he have so much energy first thing in the morning?!" I said as (y/n) tried to wiggle out of my arms, "What happened to it being 'rewarding'?" Emerald said, "Naptime, naptime happened." I said, "Ok sweetie its lunchtime. Once you get done eating then you can play alright." I said, "Otay." (y/n) said, "What just happened?!" Emerald said, "It's called parenting Emerald, you tend to get very good at these sort of things." I said, "I never got to that age with my daughter. Not that I mind, she was nothing but a weakness that I was more than happy to get rid of." Raven said, "Well Raven I'm not like you. Unlike you, I love my son and he loves me." I said as I kissed (y/n)'s cheek while he tried to stop me, "And my son is adorable, unlike your daughter." I said, "Who am I to argue about trivial things." She said as she walked away.

"Oh no I completely forgot! I was supposed to draw up the plans for our attack on Haven! Emerald could you watch him for me." I said as I began to leave until Emerald stopped me, "Cinder I can't!" Emerald said, "Emerald it'll be fine! It's just lunchtime all you have to do is give him his lunch and make sure he doesn't choke on anything." I said as I left.

Emerald POV

So there I was, babysitting Cinder's kid. "Stop staring at me." I said suddenly the toddler threw food at me, "You little!" I began to say before he started laughing and I felt my heart beat faster and faster. "Ok, I'll admit it...you're kinda cute." I said as I looked away from the child.

"(Y/N) NO DON'T GO OUT THERE!" I shouted as (y/n) ran out into the woods, I chased after him and once I caught up with him I scooped him up. "(y/n), you shouldn't play out here it's dangerous!" I said, "Sowy." (y/n) said softly, "Hey it's alright bud you're just a kid, you don't know any better." I said as I ruffled his hair making him smile, suddenly there was a loud roar, "No." I said as I drew one of my guns, "(y/n) I need you to close your eyes and keep them shut until I tell you to open them alright!" I said, he nodded and closed his eyes. I activated the blade on my gun as an Alpha Beowulf emerged from the forest, it rushed at us and as it readied to attack I created an illusion of me and (y/n) allowing me to cut off the beast's head. I ran back to the Branwen tribe's camp as fast as I could, "Alright bud you can open your eyes." I said as I set him down. "(Y/N)!" Cinder shouted as she ran over to (y/n) and held him close, "I heard the grimm and I came running to find you. Are you alright?" She asked, "He's fine Cinder, we were too busy...playing, to notice anything." I said.