Imperfection is Beauty (Five)

Perrie and Jade walked to her apartment in the quiet night. They didn't talk much, mainly just exchanged glances and smiled at each other, Jade stealing occasional kisses from Perrie's lips as the woman gazed at her. She giggled after each kiss and nuzzled her head against the woman's shoulder, sighing contently. Perrie stroked her hair and traced the line of her jaw with her delicate fingers, her palms calloused from hours spent at training. They finally made it to Jade's house, and the young woman fumbled her purse for the keys. Perrie stood a few steps behind her, running her hands through her hair that was dampened with sweat. It made hairspray come on to her hands, making them feel sticky. Jade managed to open the door and turned to grab hold of Perrie's hand, pulling her inside after her.

Jade stumbled on the stairs, almost falling to her knees before Perrie quickly swept her into her arms. The girl laughed and looked at the blonde, pecking a kiss on her lips again. This time Perrie responded to the kiss, moving her hand to the back of Jade's head so she couldn't pull away. Jade moaned at the touch, wrapping her fingers around Perrie's arms and pulling her closer.

"We probably shouldn't stay here," the brunette mumbled after a while, not wanting to let go of the woman quite yet. Perrie hummed in response, picking them both up to their feet and walking to Jade's apartment. She turned on the lights and started to take off her shoes and jacket.

"You can leave your coat on the rack," she said to Perrie over her shoulder as she leant on the wall while taking off her pumps. She heard the rustling of clothes behind her and then two thumps as Jade's boots were taken off and left to the floor. Jade massaged her own feet, hissing at the slight pain.

"Dunno what's the point of wearing high heels," she laughed and pushed her mass of hair over her shoulder. Perrie smiled and stood awkwardly at the doorway, swaying slightly in her drunken state.

"Do you want something to drink or...?" Jade asked as she turned around to look at her. The blonde shook her head and opened her mouth to say something but then fell silent again.

"I'm glad you came out tonight with us," the girl continued, trying to think up something to say. She could feel the false confidence caused by alcohol starting to fade away and making her feel self-conscious again, so aware of all her flaws and misgivings. She coughed awkwardly and turned away to walk to the kitchen.

"I'm gonna have some water, you should have some too," she said, trying to sound nonchalant and casual, as if she wasn't almost freaking out she had actually managed to bring Perrie home. In the kitchen, she screamed silently at the cupboards and almost banged her head on the wooden surface, quickly pulling herself together and took out two glasses. As she turned around to take the other glass to Perrie she saw the woman already standing behind her, letting out a small squeal out of fright and jumped back.

"Jesus Perrie, you scared me there," she breathed out and tried to laugh it off.

"Sorry," the woman muttered and reached her hand to take the glass of water. She was glad to have something to hold, she didn't know what to do with her hands now. She was starting to regret this whole thing, she had been too drunk at the time and this would probably be just awfully awkward on both sides. Jade seemed nervous too, like she didn't want her there anymore. She'd been drunk too, maybe she should just leave before everything became too embarrassing and difficult.

"Thanks for the water," she said after she had emptied the glass. Jade was now avoiding her eyes and biting her lower lip, and Perrie thought she clearly wanted for her to leave.

"I'll just go now..." she said and made a move to walk out. Jade snapped her head up and stared at her with wide eyes.

"Wha—why, what did I do?"