Imperfection is Beauty (Eleven)

"I'm still saying this is the worst idea ever," Jesy hissed as they stood across the street of the police station.

"Oh come on, it'll be fine," Jade tried to assure her.

"I'm somewhere in between you two," Leigh-Anne weighed in.

"Thanks for that Leigh, you're being really helpful," Jade pursed her lips as she tried to think how they could get inside and snoop around for Lauren.

"What if she isn't even there?" Jesy asked, "Maybe she got out like me."

"She would've called us by now," Jade said, though she wasn't absolutely sure about it. But she couldn't just leave Lauren alone, she had to at least try to do something.

"I got it!" she suddenly exclaimed, making her friends flinch.

"Got what?" Leigh-Anne asked, feeling the wine starting to take effect.

"How we're gonna get in and find Lauren," Jade said, "just listen to me for a second here." The women put their heads together and hushed for few minutes, with the occasional "that is insane!"- exclamation thrown in.

"Okay, everybody clear?" Jade asked once they had gone over everything at least three times before agreeing on a plan of action.

"I am," Jesy said with a crooked grin, glancing at Leigh-Anne who didn't look as excited.

"Why does it have to be me?" she asked, folding her arms across her chest.

"You're perfect for it," Jade tried to comfort her, "you do diva so well, it's in your blood."

"In her brain more like," Jesy chuckled, earning a punch on the arm from Leigh-Anne.

"Well fine, but you owe me for this," she said as reached down to tear the hem of her dress, "do something to my hair, would you?"

Jesy stuck her hand into Leigh-Anne's long hair and tousled it vigorously until the once kept afro now resembled more of a crow's nest.

"Thank you," Leigh-Anne said, trying to straighten her back and pull her shoulders back, "how do I look?"

"Like you just crawled out from under a rock," Jesy said helpfully.

"You look the part," Jade added, earning a scornful look from Leigh-Anne.

"Could you squeeze out a tear or two?" Jesy asked, "You know, like Hollywood stars, do the sexy cry!"

Leigh-Anne batted her eyes trying to understand what Jesy meant, "Sexy cry?"

"Let's just go already, we've wasted enough time!" Jade said as she started to cross the street. Jesy chuckled as Leigh-Anne tottered behind Jade, wiping her face to spread her makeup.

"Still think this is a bad, bad idea," Jesy said.

---

Perrie was inside the station in Zayn's office, listening to him brief Camila on the situation. Zayn sounded almost unfamiliar like this, serious and solemn and without a hint of his usual care free attitude. Camila's own attitude didn't help much.

"So you've just found out about this, and you suspect it has been going on for at least six months?" she asked after Zayn was done with his briefing, "How come it took you so long to find out?"

"These people are no amateurs, sergeant," Zayn said, "they know what they're doing, and from what we believe they have been running similar operations all across the country. This is actually the first time we have some legitimate evidence of their dealings. Including your own town."