chapter 1

My name is Mandy White and I've been living in New Orleans for fifteen years . My parents recently died in a car crash and I've been on my own since then . I've been crying my eyes out everyday and night . I miss them so much .

I received a call from my grand parents yesterday and they told me that i should live with them because I'm too young to be on my own . So i packed my stuff and I'm waiting for grandpa to pick me up .

The car ride was awkwardly silent . When we arrived to Mystic Falls , I admired the beauty of the place . Grandma hugged me tightly when i got out of the car . I didn't feel like talking so she showed me my room and I unpacked my stuff and laid down on my bed .

I got bored of sitting there alone so I went downstairs . "Do you need any help ?" I asked grandma . "No sweetheart , how about you sit down while i finish preparing dinner" I nod my head and lay on the couch . We ate in silence and then went to my room to watch Netflix before bed .

The next morning after breakfast I sat down chatting with my grandparents . "How about you go for a walk , you can maybe make some friends before going to school tomorrow" grandpa suggested . "Yes I think it would be a great idea my dear , don't you think?" I nod and go upstairs to change my clothes .

As soon as I left home I bump into a guy , he was tall and handsome . His hair was a dark shade of brown and his hazel eyes pierced through my soul . I lean back saying 'sorry' in a low voice and he smiles at me as I continue looking at him .

"Are you done checking me out princess ?" He asks ."Uh-um I ... I wasn't" . He continues smiling at me as I turn red from embarrassment . Of course I was checking him out he looked so charming .

"So um ... What's your name beautiful ?" he asks . " Mandy ... Mandy white " I replied . "Nice to meet you Mandy , I'm Damien Rider .. so um are you new here ?"  , "Yes actually I just moved with my grandparents yesterday " , "Welcome to the neighborhood , my house is right next to yours i suppose " Oh my .. The hot guy i just met is my neighbor . This is going to be interesting .

"Would you like me to show you around ?" he asked me . How am I supposed to say no " I"d love to , thanks" He took my hand and we went to some place called the "Mystic Grill" . I'm still holding his hand as we walk in and he introduces me to his friends , Zain , fifteen , blond with deep blue eyes . Lewis , sixteen, black hair and grey eyes , and Steve , seventeen , brunette , green eyes .

After telling the boys that I'm fifteen , Zain said happily "Now you guys can stop calling me 'little one' our group has another young person now" I looked confused "your group ?" Steve replied "Well it's kind of yours too . Welcome to the crew " Damien added " So what do you think ? friends?"   "yea sure" .

We chatted for a while and then i realized that I've been out for hours I didn't even realize that I was . "Uh guys , I'm going to head home before my grandparents get worried " They nodded and waved goodbye . I felt a hand on my wrist and I turned back to see Damien " So are you going to leave without giving me your number princess?"  I smiled and gave it to him then left heading home .

"where were you till now young lady?" Grandma asked . "I was at the Grill"     "That's nice ... Made any friends ? "   "Yes , four . Zain , Damien , Lewis and Steve"   I gave her a smile before heading to my room .  It's a school day tomorrow better get some sleep .