Chapter 6 0_0!

Once Barbie arrives at the front door, she procures her key and opens the hot pink double doors. "Honey, I'm home!" Barbie exclaims brightly as she steps inside. Ken rushes to come and greet her.

"Barbie! The girls told me you went on a little time travel journey. How did it go?" Ken asks. Couldn't he just realise that it went well, why does he have to ask so many questions? And why does he have to be so belittling? It was not 'a little time journey', she met the love of her life and got a whole bag full of Y2K clothing. Barbie rolls her eyes.

"It went well, I guess," she says, nonchalantly. He was really getting on her nerves.

"That's great to hear! I just had the loveliest conversation with Chelsea- what an angel, about Physics, specifically Quantum Mechanics, she's a lot like you!" That was IT! Barbie could stand Ken not being able to read her mind, but liking Chelsea was too far. Barbie snapped her fingers, the cue for Kenderly to come out of hiding and begin the attack on Ken. Kenderly appeared from the shadows and flung himself at Ken.

"Woah! What's happening?!" said Ken, his voice muffled under Kenderly, who was scratching, punching, and just generally beating Ken into a pulp.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK, KEN?! You're not the sharpest tool in the shed, but surely you should be able to tell that you're getting totally annihilated by Kenderly!" Barbie laughs. "Oh by the way, this is Kenderly, he's a vampire AND my new fiancee. Sorry Ken, your time is over," Barbie watches as Kenderly obliterates Ken. She clapped her hands in joy at being able to witness Kenderly using his vampire powers for something other than conjuring various objects out of thin air. Kenderly continues beating Ken for a solid 15 minutes, before deciding to hurl Ken's body at a wall. When it hits, Ken falls to the ground in a heap. Then, Kenderly sucks out Ken's soul and crushes it, ending Ken's time in the light.

"Well done Kenderly, you put on quite the show!" Barbie claps excitedly as she walks through the entrance hall to put her bag away. Kenderly snaps his fingers, vanishing Ken's body.

"Really? I was afraid the soul crushing might be too much, not many are able to live to witness the true wrath of vampires." Kenderly is quite impressed with himself.

"Kenderly, I'm the one who told you to do that, of course it's too much. That's why it's perfect." Barbie beamed at him with her 36 pearly whites. Everyone knows gods have four more teeth than regular mortals.

A few days pass, as Kenderly and Barbie set up the mansion for Kenderly. They are completely and utterly in love. "Kenderly, I was thinking that it was about time to plan our wedding. Don't you?" Says Barbie on a particularly bright, sunny, perfect, crisp, radiant, nice morning.

"Whatever you say, Barbie, I too haven't been able to stop thinking about it, I think it's time to seal the deal!" Kenderly said excitedly, he's from the 1600s, he's allowed to talk like a 90 year old grandpa.

"Well that's that then, the wedding will be today- the weather is perfect, the brats will have no idea and I've even had a few days to pretend to mourn Ken!" Barbie says, though in all honesty, she began planning the wedding before she even proposed to Kenderly. She was, after all, the best multitasker (she came up with that word too). "I was thinking that after our little adventure, we could plan the wedding to have a Y2K theme. Now, onto the guest list. The brats are a solid no. My friends that are definitely coming are: Theresa, Nicki, Midge, Summer... and Raquelle, I guess. Do you have anyone you would like to invite?" Barbie had already asked her friends, who obviously all said yes.

"Well, I definitely did have friends but I left them all behind when you forced me to come into the time machine. But I definitely had them. Of course." Kenderly scratched his neck to appear nonchalant.

"I wonder if I should invite that Fareeha chick, she did give me those wonderful Apple Bottom Jeans..." Barbie ponders. Kenderly didn't correct Barbie on the fact that Fareeha did not, in fact, willingly give her those jeans, instead he nodded in agreement.

Barbie and Kenderly set off down the rolling lawns of Barbie's mansion, enjoying the sun on their stroll to a particular location Barbie had in mind for the wedding. Kenderly admired his sparkling ring the whole way down.

"Okay Kenderly, this is it!" Barbie points to the edge of the cliff, where the sparkling Malibu waves could be seen below.
"Wow Barbie, it's gorgeous!"
"Yes... it is," Barbie was looking at her reflection in the water. "Well, I'd better go and get my dress on. Could you please call the robots to set up everything? My friends will be arriving in an hour," Barbie leaves to go get ready.

"Sure," Kenderly snapped his vampire fingers and a group of robots appeared and got to work on setting up chairs, decorations and food, all in the theme of Y2K, this story is all about the year 2000 after all. Music began to softly play from speakers as everything came together. The sun began to set, casting beautiful pinks, oranges and reds across the sky and water, specifically, peach, coral and carnelian. Everything was perfect. Kenderly disappeared after the robots finished to also get changed for the wedding.

Once the guests had arrived and spoken and finally, been seated, the ceremony began. Barbie and Kenderly's marriage was being officiated by nobody, as neither of them could think of someone good enough. Barbie appeared at the end of the aisle, accompanied by her father. Her smile was so bright and radiant, that everyone at the wedding was given a pair of Y2K themed sunglasses so they could watch her. Kenderly, being a vampire didn't need sunglasses, and he was so in love with Barbie, that he began to cry, just a little. As Barbie walked further down the aisle, the sky began to darken. And once she and Kenderly were united at the altar, the sky was completely black. Kenderly and Barbie were shocked that their wedding had turned out like this when the weather had been crystal clear for hours. As they turned to begin saying their vows despite the sudden weather change, the brats, Chelsea, Stacy and Skipper appeared out of thin air, their eyes burning with a cold fury, they looked as if they could kill the whole world if they wanted to. Barbie and Kenderly began to cower in fear, as the wedding crowd ran away, dispersing into the darkness. A few foreboding crows cawed in the distance, signalling an end to this perfect life. As Kenderly and Barbie backed away from the altar, trying to follow their friends, the brats pounced...

T h e E n d.

Lots of love,

The Barbieque Gang.

I hope y'all don't mind leaving on a cliffhanger, next year book 2 will be out so stay tuned. I know you're extremely excited and will be marking your calendar for this time next year 🥰 right??