Chapter 5

Note- leave a comment so I know what you guys would like to see happen!

Another note- sorry this one is kinda short. i didn't have a ton of time to write last night.

Thanksgiving is passed, and pretty soon Christmas comes and goes, Alex traveling to London to celebrate with Henry. Life for the month and a half after Thanksgiving is pretty stagnant, with Alex seeing Henry on the weekends and studying/working in DC during the work week. He rereads "Pride and Prejudice," in his rare bit of free time, and thinks about Henry every waking second of the day. He thinks about how he feels when he's with Henry. He's wishing that he moved in with him in New York, wishing Henry moved his nonprofit to DC, wishing the capital of the United States would move back to New York. He wishes for a lot of moving, but pretty recently his life seems to have come to a rather unprogressive halt.

It's January 16th, 2021, just four days until Alex's mom's second inauguration. Jeffrey Richards is still insisting that there's absolutely no way he lost Texas everyday on Tucker Carlson. Fucking loser can't admit he's an unlikeable twat who lost to a woman, Alex thinks, and Henry actually says out loud, as they sit the empty Situation Room. Alex had always wanted to climax in the same room that Obama had found out Bin Laden was dead in. Of course, they weren't watching Tucker Carlson while they were going at it. The ultimate turn off. The White House Situation Room just has great flat screens. And really comfortable seats, too.

Alex had been trying to spend as much as time in each room of the White House that he could before the election in November, just in case. Turns out, there was no need, but he never kicked the habit. Even after living here for four years, walking into any room is just as breathtaking as it was the first time.

"Babe, where was that photo of Hillary, Obama and Biden finding out they killed Bin Laden taken?" Henry asks.

"Over there, behind that door. This is just where the research is conducted. Also, a bit morbid, don't you think?"

"Not really, it's Osama Bin Laden."

"That's fair." A moment passes.

"So how's your mum's speech coming?" Henry asks.

"No clue. Ever since June wrote that banger of an acceptance speech back in November, I, and all of the PAID speechwriters, have not so much heard it, let alone had any hand in its creation." As nonchalant as Alex was acting about it, he was actually feeling a slight tinge of jealousy of June.

"Good for her. I mean really, if she's trying to be a serious writer, co-authoring a presidential inauguration speech? That oughta diversify her resume, no?" Henry asks.

"For sure." Alex replies.