First Day

Izuku and I got accepted to U.A. To be fair, being a hero was always Izuku's dream, not mine. My quirk is rare, sure, but I don't really like to use it. It's called Dark Manipulation. I can manipulate anything within 3 meters of me. It doesn't matter if it living or not. I can do whatever I want to whatever I want. That means I can turn myself into whatever I want as well. It's powerful, yes, but I choose not to use it.

"OOOOH! MY LITTLE BABIES ARE GOING TO U.A.!!!!!!!!" Mom cried hugging us just before we left. "I'M GOING TO MISS YOU BITH SO MUCH! IT FEELS LIKE JUST YESTERDAY YOU 2 WERE PLAYING HREOES AND VILLAINS!"

"We'll miss you too, Mom!" Izuku said and hugged her back.

"We have to go now if we hope to make it on time." I whispered to Izuku. He nodded and we left. 

Izuku didn't have a quirk until All Might gave him his. I was the only 1 he had told. I had promised not to tell mom. He took after Mom. His bright green hair and matching eyes. I had dark purple hair and red eyes. He has always been taller than me, even though I am older.

"I can't believe we're finally here, Chi!" He said.

"Yeah, it's great." I said in a board tone. I was living Izu's dream, not mine.  We walked into our class room. We were the first 2 in. I walked to the furthest corner from the door and sat down. Izu sat right in front of me. We were 15 now, but we'd be 16 next term. That was weird to think about.

After all the other students came in I looked around the room. Next to me was a boy with a bird like head. Behind him was a boy with half red, half white hair. He had a scar on his left eye, like I did. Of course, though, I was wearing my fabric eyepatch over it. Izu was in front of me.

"Alright, I'm going to take attendance." Our teacher, Mr. Aizawa said. He ran down the list. "Seat 20, Izuku Midoriya?"

"Present!" Izu said raising his hand.

"And seat 21, Machigai Midoriya?" He said. I raised my hand. 

"Machigai? What kind of a name is that?" The 1 called Hanta Sero asked, staring at me. I didn't turn my head.

"I don't believe that is a very traditional name." Momo Yaoyorzu said. I felt my face get hot. 

"Ya sure you read it right?" Denki Kaminari asked. 

"Though it is a peculiar name, we should be respectful as we'd want people to be to us." Fumikage Tokoyami said. I looked over to him as a way to thank him. (I didn't turn my head, though.)

To be fair, my father named both me and Izu. He wanted a son, but not me. My name reflected that. Machigai. Mistake, error, burden. Mom and Izu always called me Chi, though. They referred to me as an energy flow, a spiritual energy, a life force. That made me feel better, but it didn't always help. (Seeing as it also means blood.)

Eventually, lunch rolled around. 

"Hey, Chi!" Izu called to me.

"Oh, hey Izu." I said.

"So this is Machigai? How do you know him, Deku?" Ochako Uraraka asked. (To be fair, I was given clearance to wear the male uniform to cover the scars I have accumulated from using my quirk.) I looked from her to Izu in confusion.

"Oh, she's my twin sister!" He smiled.

"Oh! I always wanted a little sister!" She said, excitedly.

"Actually, I'm older." I muttered.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine." I said and hid my eyes in my hair.

"Chi, do you want to come sit with us?" Izu asked.