chapter 139: Moment Of Truth

trigger warning: description of abuse

Sunday, December 14:

Ryan: 16; Liam, Finn, Ruby: 14; Luca: 12; Mira: 9; Leo: 6; Lily: 5

Baby Rytie (Ryan&Katie): 8-2 (week 8, day 2)

-

„Oh boy, I have to admit, I actually did listen to your threats back then, but that your condom, of all there are, breaks, somehow is pretty hard.", Liam joked, after his brother shared the news with him.

Finn and Ruby went upstairs because it was already 3 in the morning. They had congratulated their older brother, although they've been shocked, and only Liam stayed with him, since Ryan was freaking out.

"I always thought, the two of us would sit here at night and drink lemonade together because of you. It's just so unreal...but somehow it does feel good, you know? I get happy by only thinking about Katie holding our child. I just could've easily waited for at least five more years.", the sixteen-year old replied, amused.

"Where is she? Are you two okay? And how far along is Katie?", the fourteen-year old questioned and emptied his glass, since it was truly very late.

"8th pregnancy week, which means at the beginning but when she told her parents today, they threw her out. She wanted to do it before the 12th week in case I asked her to abort. It's crazy if you think about how she almost let me make the decision over her body...", Ryan shared. "We are fine, and she is sleeping in my bed. I'll go upstairs now, sleep well, uncle Liam.", he grinned.

Once he arrived on the second floor, the young brunette brushed his teeth, changed his clothes and laid next to his girlfriend, where he hugged Katie and pulled her into his arms to kiss her cheek and place his hand on her belly while telling her he loved her.

---

"What are you doing?", Amelia quietly wondered from her spot at the bathroom door, as she found her husband lying in bed with the remote in his hand. When he said he was looking for the next episode of one of the cartoons, so they could watch it as soon as Leo and Lily came in here, she nodded. "Cou...could you put this creme, that Jackson brought me yesterday, onto my back? I would do it myself, but I cannot reach it."

"Of course, come here!", Owen smiled and knelt at the end of the bed, where his wife sat down. Her whole back was filled with bruises, which had vanished a little bit but were still visible. Some of them still had a dark blue-purple color.

Jackson wanted to make sure as less scars as possible remained and brought over this creme. Amelia stared at her lap and breathed nervously when her husband's rough hands touched her back. She closed her eyes and forced herself to remain calm.

"Shall I get Ruby?", the redhead wanted to know, unsure. He noticed how uncomfortable she felt and didn't want to overwhelm her. Once she shook her head, he answered: "But you are scared, babe. You won't tell me, but I can see it."

"Not because of you!", the neurosurgeon reassured quickly. "Talk to me...as long as I know you're sitting behind me, everything is fine.", she whispered. She remembered how Jacob used to sit behind her to make some cuts into her back with a knife, causing her to open her eyes again. "Owen, come closer!", the brunette demanded, afraid.

"I need to go under your bra clasp.", her husband carefully announced while his right temple touched her left one. He closed his eyes for a moment, enjoying the smell of her shampoo. "You are so strong, Amelia!"

A few minutes later, Owen was done and immediately let go of his wife's body. She thanked him and walked into the bathroom to hide the free body parts with clothes. Amelia took a deep breath while leaning onto the sink.