chapter 167: Stories From The Past

Continuation Monday, September 1:

Ryan: 17; Liam, Finn, Ruby: 14; Luca: 13; Mira: 10; Leo: 6; Lily: 6

Baby Riley: 1 month

-

"We'll meet daddy in the cafeteria.", Amelia told her children after putting their bags into the trunk and held one hand of each of them while they were walking through the parking lot.

"Mommy, I want to eat fries with a schnitzel, peas and carrots again.", Leo let his mother know once they walked into the huge building. His sister simply stayed silent, which broke the neurosurgeon's heart.

"And you, angel?", she asked her daughter, who just shrugged. Their father was already waiting at a smaller table in the cafeteria. "Hey!", the brunette smiled at her husband and pecked his lips before their son took him all to himself.

"Won't I get a hug from you too, Lilymouse?", Owen wondered confused, causing the girl to lazily embrace him and then turn back to the table. "What's going on, baby? This morning, everything was just fine.", he lied. Of course, he hadn't forgotten her tantrum but wanted his child to laugh again.

"I don't like school, and everybody is mad at me for it, especially mommy.", the six-year-old started crying, causing Amelia to widen her eyes. She hadn't scolded her at all. "I am not going there anymore!", she decided.

„Sweetie, I am not angry at you!", the neurosurgeon promised in shock and looked into her daughter's sad face as she replied with a whiny "You are!". "In which way does my anger appear?", she carefully wanted to know.

"Your eyes are different. As if you were worried, sad and mad.", the mini brunette mumbled and crossed her arms. "Because of me!", she cried as she was hiding her face in her father's waist while he was staring at his wife.

"Lils, I am only upset because you are and I don't want you to be.", Amelia explained herself. "Still, you have to continue going to school and try to make friends. Everything will be so much easier once you do."

"Mommy is right, love!", the redhead agreed. "Nobody wants to harm you. We just wish you'd have much fun in first grade and like it.", he added.

"You are always on the same side!", Lily whined. "Why does nobody listen to me? I said, I won't ever go to school again!", she screamed, causing some of her parents' colleagues to turn around to the family. One of them being Frankie, who walked over to them.

"Who doesn't want to go to school?", she wondered in extreme fake shock and glanced back and forth between the two kids, so Leo quickly pointed to his sister, not in the mood for trouble.

"Everybody wants me to go there but I don't even want to!", the six-year-old shared. "Have you been in school like everyone in my family?", she asked and wiped the tears off her cheeks.

"Oh yes, I have been. School is really important. On the one hand, there's so much stuff one learns but what's even better are the friends. Did you find some already?", Frankie questioned, which caused Leo to think she meant him, but Lily shook her head. "Have you, Leo? Maybe you can tell your sister how.", she suggested with a smile when her pager started beeping. "Have a chat about it at home, you two!"

"Thank you!", Amelia gratefully whispered. "Let's have lunch now.", she decided. "One schnitzel with fries and veggies, I'll have a salad and what would you guys like to eat?", she wanted to know.

"We'll choose spontaneously.", her husband informed her. He actually just wanted to cuddle his daughter without his son becoming jealous. He would get his snuggles later as well but currently, his sister was the sad one.