chapter 162: Lies

Saturday, July 7:

Ryan: 17; Liam, Finn, Ruby: 14; Luca: 13; Mira: 10; Leo: 6; Lily: 6

Baby Rytie (Ryan&Katie): 37-5

-

„Well, I thought about it because it was rather obvious.", Susie explained to her best friend. "But are you okay with me eating salami? Otherwise, I can eat vegetarian food as well from tomorrow on for the rest of the week."

"Of course, I am fine with it! I just have personal reasons not to eat meat anymore. They are both, morally and about the taste. But you don't have to change your nutrition because of me, Sus.", Liam answered with a smile. "Oh, hey Robin!", he shouted for his partner, who was looking for a place to sit. "Would you like to sit with us?"

"In love!", the redhead coughed what she saw and chuckled when her best friend turned back to her and rolled his eyes. "I am just telling you the truth, buddy.", she winked at him and watched him throw a piece of cereal at her face.

"I just met her yesterday! And also, I am only being nice because she obviously doesn't have anyone since she's new here.", the fourteen-year-old replied. Robin arrived at the table and sat down next to Susie. "Hey, good morning!"

"Good morning, you two! Did you sleep well?", the brunette greeted them smiling. "Thank you for letting me sit with you. I met two other people, but they are rather annoying, know-it-alls."

"Sure, that's why they are new.", Susie joked, not a fan of such people. "We like having you with us.", she confirmed.

---

"Mommy, mommy, mommy!", Leo excitedly exclaimed and ran out of his parents' bathroom into the kitchen directly into her arms because she had knelt down for him once she had heard him. "I am soooooo curious about what you will say to our wish!"

"I didn't even know you guys had one.", Amelia informed her son and softly kissed his head before she let go of him. "My Leo-bear has a lot of energy today as I can see.", she grinned.

"We want to watch the Tschuratik Worlt cartoon with Luca!", Lily told her, just as excited as her brother. "He let Ryan know that he wants to watch it and we want to watch it too, pleaseeee!", the six-year-old begged.

"Jurassic World cartoon?", their mother wondered and looked at her two sons in confusion when they joined them in the kitchen. "You are aware of the fact that those are two real movies and they are not for small children, right?"

"Nah, there's this animated series on Netflix, that's what I meant. Couldn't have known those little munchkins here would eavesdrop. But it's fine for six-year-olds, so this shouldn't be a problem.", Luca shared with his mother, who communicated with Katie over facial expressions. "Katie, be on our side!"

"Seriously! You are my girlfriend and mom is only your mother-in-law.", Ryan interfered, causing his mom to be dramatic about the "only your mother-in-law". "Adding to that, we can start watching during breakfast and will be done at lunch. It's only eight episodes long."

"Ryan!", Amelia complained because her son had made that suggestion and Leo and Lily were therefore already sitting on the couch, waiting patiently for their breakfast to eat it in front of the TV. "This means three to four hours in which these two will be watching TV. Usually, they get to see one movie a week."

"We know and understand that, but it's an exception, mom.", the seventeen-year-old argued softly. "You won't have to entertain them for one morning and they will still be happy. Take the time off.", he kindly requested.

"Pleaseeee, mommy!", the two youngest begged again until the brunette finally gave in, causing them to gather on the couches, which meant Luca was taking one by himself, Amelia sat on the middle one with the minis and Katie and Ryan shared the third.