Chapter 4

Flashing lights blinded my vision as I clinged onto Harry’s arm. The rest of the boys and girls walked in front of us. Body guards walked beside us, occasionally pushing paps back a little. It was shocking at first. The paps seemed to be respectful at home, not questioning us, keeping their distance and  just taking pictures. The occasional pap would mutter a sorry or two, but these guys were going all out. Allie! Allie smile for us babe! Why are you traveling!? Are you depressed since his death!? What are you doing in the Virgin Islands!? Would Zayn really want you partying after his death!? But one caught my attention. 

“Allie! Are you and Harry together now!? What happened to Kylee Harry?” a pap yelled.

Everyone heard it. Kylee looked at us, my hand gripping his arm, her eyes narrowed at the scene and turned back around. I released his arm, coughing a bit. Harry rubbed my back, walking up to Kylee, holding her waist. Niall stepped back, whispering in my ear.

“It’s okay love, they just want answers, they want a story.”

I nodded my head, finally getting in the van that waited for us outside. A few fans stood outside, the boys stopped to say hello. One girl held a sign with Zayn’s picture on it. ‘RIP’ , those simple words, broke me. It was like getting punched in the face. We all read these letters like he was still alive. It felt like he was still here, still with us. Like he is partying with us, laughing with us, crying with us, but he wasn’t. He was never coming back.

***

Her arms laced around my neck, bringing me closer to her. My cries were muffled into her shoulder, soaking her shirt already. I was crying for multiple reasons. The paps allegations, missing my sister, and Zayn.

“Allie…baby stop crying for me alright. Stop crying for Zayn, you know he hated that…” Ellie, my sister, hushed me.

*Flashback*

I slammed the door on his face, left him out in the cold. How dare he, how dare he not tell me, not till 2 days before. How was I supposed to function. How was I supposed to live without him for 7 months. What if he found someone else. There are plenty of women out there. A salty tear streamed down my face, more came, blinding my vision. The door of our apartment creaked open. I turned abruptly, staring at this angel in front of me. He sighed, seeing my mental state.

“I’m sorry. Please don’t cry, I hate when you cry. Please don’t cry over me.” He huffed, walking closer, the couch separating us.

“What if you find someone else. What if you find someone prettier! Someone smarter! and funnier and just better than me!?” I screamed, unaware of how loud I was.

“I won’t.” He simply stated.

I walked around the couch, now in front of him. I began pushing him.

“How do you know that huh!?” *push* “How do you know you won’t find someone else!?’ *push* “And leave me!” *push* “You don’t know what you want until you see a prettier girl!”

His hands gripped my waist, pulling me up into his arms. My feet laced around his waist.

“I know what I want, because I have it in my hands right now. You.”

***

I dried my tears, with the help of Ellie. We stood in the middle of the condo. Zayn rented a fucking condo for us. It was huge, on the beach front. It was on a secluded little island, apart of St Thomas. You had to take a boat to get there. Everyone now sat in the living room, having everything settled. The boys, Ellie, Kylee, Courtney , and Kayla all stared at me, as I stood in front of them. I looked around, hoping for a letter to catch my eye. It was dead quiet, I huffed, taking a seat next to Ellie. Her hand rubbed my arm. Suddenly, a knock at the door made us all jump. I hopped up, sprinting to the door. Swinging it open, there stood a girl. She was rather beautiful, with dark hair. Her eyes popped with the eyeliner that traveled along them. She had her hair in a ponytail, she was gorgeous.