Chapter 6

Water filled my lungs from the quick action, catching me off guard. My heart began to beat faster and faster. My feet kicked at Jannie’s hands, trying my hardest not to lose control. My eyes darted down to meet a a frantic looking Jannie. Suddenly, the tension was released  My body and Jannie’s began moving up towards the surface. Tiny streams of blood encircled us, not as much as I would have suspected. Our legs and arms both moved quickly, trying to get to the surface as our oxygen levels decreased. My arms latched onto the side of the boat, coming up above the water. I was met with frantic eyes. Harry sat in the corner, crying as Kylee wrapped her arms around him. She looked up, finding me. Her breath caught. Niall was being hoisted into the boat. Louis’ was the first to take charge. He ran to me and grabbed my arms, hoisting me up into the boat. Liam and Louis surrounded me as they sat me down, checking my body for injuries. Harry’s head shot up as he witnessed the scene. He ran to my side, taking my face in between his hands and staring into my eyes. His where watery and red from crying just moments ago. His hands dropped to mine, holding them as he sat next to me. Our instructor and Kayla were on the side, searching for Jannie. Courtney and Ellie were soon crouching in front of me, saying words I couldn’t make out from how fast they were talking, but also because I had zoned out. My heart started racing again and my hands began to shake. My eyes locked on Kylee’s, she was angry, yet concerned. She mad no move to come to me. Her eyes left mine and glanced over the water, searching for any sign of life other than sharks splashing around. I began to hyperventilate, my eyes rolling into the back of my head as it dropped back. The last words I heard…

“She’s going into shock!”

***

I woke up to the sounds of beeping, my mind instantly shooting to the idea of where I knew I was at, the hospital. My eyes opened, adjusting to the light and surroundings. 4 sleeping boys slept around me. Courtney and Ellie sat in the corner, texting and on the phone. Kylee was no where to be seen. My head shot to the left, seeing a white shade drawn , an outline of a bed and body sat next to me. A body moved, standing over the person, voices emerging.

“How are you?” Kylee’s voice spoke first.

“Who are you?” Jannie’s voice sounded.

“You don’t remember me?” 

“No?”

***

“Well I am glad to see you are fine. You scared your friends.” the doctor joked with me. 

I smiled, looking at my friends that now encircled me.

“And as for you, Jannie. You are very lucky to only have a couple stitches. But as for your memory, you hit your head pretty hard. I am not sure when or if your memory will return.”

Jannie shook her head quickly. She seemed to be taking the news easily. In a way, that creeped me out more than she did before. 

***

We had shown the letters to Jannie, only for her to remember just who Zayn was. Of course she knew who the boys were, but not as personally as Zayn. She seemed to be acting normal. It calmed me to see her not acting so hostile like before. She never glared at me anymore, and hasn’t made a rude remark in forever. We all decided to party, seeing Jannie acting normal. A bonfire was set up outside on the beach of our island. It was completely dark now and we all were a bit tipsy. Louis and I decided to go skinny dipping. Harry and Niall decided to join. We all stood along the line of water, scared to touch it. The boys were all in their socks and boxers while I stood in my black panties and bra. I smirked at the boys, taking the first step in. It seemed like I was finally having fun, this wasn’t a rushed thing. I wasn’t being forced to dive in the water, or swim with sharks, this was my own choice, my own happiness was embedded with these boys. I felt a bit of hope course through me. My healing process was beginning to get easier. Maybe Zayn knew this, he understood it would be easier for me. he was looking out for me, and it was then, I truly was thankful for these letters. It wasn’t just a connection to Zayn, it was a type of medication. 

“You pussies ready?” I smirked, looking at all the boys.

They all had shocked looks on their faces.

“Well lookey here, our Allie is back.” Louis chimed in. 

I giggled, shaking my but and running into the ocean. A scream left my lips as the cold water rushed over my body. I instinctively shot up, trying to get away from the water. I ran into a body. Looking up, I saw bright blue eyes.

“Oh no you don’t!” Niall threw me over his shoulder, running further into the water. 

Our laughs broke out around us. Louis and Harry were splashing each other as Niall took me further out into the water. Niall threw me off of his shoulder, causing me to squeal again. Suddenly, Niall went under the water, causing me to frantically move around. Arms snaked around my waist, hot breath hitting my neck.

*Flashback*

I ran up the steps to my apartment quickly, looking behind me every second, smiling wide. Zayn’s voice bellowed below.

“I’m gunna get ya!” He yelled, erupting a fit of giggles from my mouth. My hands fumbled with the keys in the door. Finally, unlocking it, Zayn’s voice was closer. I swung open the door, slipping my shoes off and dropping my purse at the door. I sprinted through the living room, jumping over the couch into our room. I closed the sliding doors and stripped out of my clothes. While doing so, the door slammed closed. I was left in my bra and underwear. My body jumped on the bed, throwing the covers over me, to hide. It was dumb, but this is what me and Zayn did. We acted like children towards each other. The sliding doors slid open. Zayn must have seen me because his deep chuckle sound through the room. A clatter of clothes on the floor sounded around me. Suddenly, the blankets were swept off the top half of my body. I giggled as Zayn’s body slid in behind me. Arms snaked around my waist, hot breath hitting my neck.

“I love you Allie.”

“I love you Zayn.”

***

“I love you Allie.”