Chapter 3

A second me was waiting in the new room I'd been brought into.

She was a 3D hologram projection cast from a light on either the floor or ceiling, I couldn't tell which. I'd regained consciousness only a few minutes ago and, as soon as I was capable of walking, the Krynn had dragged me here. I was still wearing the shock collar and the drugs had left me too unfocused to remember exactly what route they had taken. I'd been trying to form some sort of escape plan but first I needed to find a way to arm myself and get the collar off.

Holo-me had her back to me, and she was naked. She also looked far healthier than I was. Perhaps closer to how I had been when I'd first been abducted, but even back then I had never been as voluptuous.

The implications to this were.... Were that I really needed to get out of here soon. If Lily was on the ship with me, I had to find her and get us out. And if I was alone? Then I needed to come up with a plan. Any plan. Right now I had nothing beyond endure and survive.

The Krynn that was gripping my arm hissed a long stream of commands. I didn't catch a word of them. I let him lead me to the center of the room, however. I was still too shaky and drugged to put up more than token resistance.

This position brought me side to side with projection-me. She shifted her hips becomingly, one of her hands even reaching up to toy with a lock of her hair. The differences between us were more obvious when we were side by side. Holo-me was happy, healthy, and booby. Next to her I probably looked even worse than I felt and I had to wonder which one of us was the "before" and which was the "after."

"What in fuck-all is this about?" I asked the closest Krynn.

The alien didn't bother giving me an answer. They never did. I wasn't sure if they understood me any better than I understood them, or more likely he simply didn't care.

Instead, the Krynn rudely walked right through my projection to putter around a terminal at the far side of the room. The lights in the room dimmed and four blank squares materialized on either side of my hologram. They shimmered slightly and text appeared in their centers.

Dialogue boxes? Maybe. It looked like them. I tried to turn away and another Krynn barked a warning to me. He grabbed my shoulder and spun me forward, gesturing angrily at a blank wall in front of me.

Two other Krynn guards entered the room. One held a weapon- a stunner style gun that I remember all too well- and the other the controls to the shock collar. A warning course of electricity shot through me and I hissed, my legs buckling for a moment only for me to be dragged back up before I could hit the floor.

The Krynn who held me grabbed my chin. He forced my face forward and pointed at that white wall again. Another long row of Krnynnese orders were growled out before I nodded.

Fine. Fine. They wanted me to behave. If going along with whatever they were doing would spare me another probing I'd do it.

The lights dimmed further. I fidgeted and tried to control my breathing. Panicking now would only make the drugs inside me hit even harder.

The Krynn stepped back and left me to sway uncertainly. Text in the dialogue projection boxes scrolled and stopped. It looked like words and numbers. I couldn't read them of course, but black display lines connected them to various parts of hologram-me. My chest, my stomach, my hips, my... other places. It didn't take much of a leap to figure out that these were the featured highlights.

"Oh for the love of fuck."

I closed my eyes. It didn't help my nausea. Was this moment more horrible or surreal?