Four

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you."

Winnie the Pooh

Bree was sat in a huddle with Finnick and Mags

Bree was sat in a huddle with Finnick and Mags. She was seated on Finnick's lap. Bree wanted to be with her family. Willem was lovely, but she still wanted her husband more.

"District 4. Finnick Odair." The robotic voice instructed, "Report for individual assessment."

Bree stood up and kissed Finnick quickly before nudging him in the direction he had to go.

"I'll be here when you get back," Bree assured him.

Finnick nodded at her and walked through. Bree sat down in his seat as her leg sated to bounce anxiously. She wasn't enjoying the wait. after about 5 minutes, Mags put a calming hand in Bree's leg. Bree gave her a nervous half-smile in return.

When The speaker called Mag's name, Bree perked up, looking around for Finnick. When he appeared, she flung herself into his arms. The two didn't let go of each other as they waited for Mags to come back.

"District 5. Bree Odair." The robotic voice-directed, "Report for individual assessment."

Finnick gave his wife a good luck kiss before she stood up and walked in. Bree passed Mags on her way. Mags gave her a good luck kiss on the cheek to assure her that she would be alright.

Bree steeped inro the cavernous space. She could see the people on their perch looking down on her. Bree wanted to kick and scream and attack them. To show them how angry she was with what they had done to her, that she hadn't just taken the punishment lying down, but she knew that that had to wait. There was no point rebelling where no one would see. Bree would carry on playing their game for a bit longer. Then she would show them her claws.

"Miss Odair," Pultrich greeted amicably, as though she wasn't about to show them all the way's that she could kill someone, "you have 10 minutes to present your chosen skill."

Bree ran around quickly, grabbing three dummies that she then painted one letter on each. From there, she tied a quick noose and strung them up. Now for the fun bit, Bree grinned. She grabbed as many knives as she could carry and dipped them all in the red paint. She threw them at the dummies. One between the eyes. one in the heart. One in their private parts. Now on to the following figure.

Bree heard the last knife sink into the head of the training dummy just as the timer went off. Bree turned around and gave the evaluators a mock salute. Behind her were three hanged mannequins that spelt out Y O U. Each with 3 bloody daggers dripping red paint down them. Bree gave them each a glare before walking out of the room.

An Avox handed Bree a wet towel on the way out so she could clean the red paint from her fingers. Bree sent them a grateful smile. She could see out of the corner of her eye that they were quickly trying to get the bodies hidden away so that Willem could come in for his go. Bree handed the towel back to the Avox and walked out.