Epilogue

"I'm not okay because you're not okay."

Unknow

Finnick woke in a strange metal bed

Finnick woke in a strange metal bed. His first thought was, 'where is Bree?' Finnick wobbly stood up as his body tried to work out how to work again. From what Finnick could tell, he was in a hovercraft. Finnick hoped that if he was being shipped to the capital Bree was okay.

As Finnick approached a sliding door, he could hear murmuring on the other side. Finnick lent forwards to eavesdrop, but the door opened. Finnick was presented with the sigh of Haymitch and Plutarch talking over a low table.

"Glad to see you awake," Plutarch greeted.

"Where is Bree?" Finnick asked.

"Her tracker was still in her arm," Plutarch started.

"Where is my wife," Finnick growled out.

"In The Capitol," Haymitch admitted.

Finnick felt as if his whole world had come crashing down. The capital had Bree. Bree was gone. Finnick felt as his legs stopped working, and he hit the floor sobbing.

"You were meant to get Bree before me," Finnick sobbed, "she was meant to be okay."

Finnick didn't even notice as he was sedated. He didn't care. With Bree gone, taken by the capital, there was no point for Finnick to go on living.