Wise and Lovely

Their room lit up as the sun rays entered through the window. It didn't take long for Ani to wake up. He had slept peacefully after spending a special night with his beloved.

He realized she was wrapped around in his arms. Their bare bodies giving warmth to each other.

He looked at her, she was still asleep. Her hair were falling on her soft cheek. He couldn't believe how lucky he was to have her in his life.

Gently brushing away the hair and tucking it at the back of her ear, he placed a kiss on her forehead.

She moved a bit when she felt his lips on her skin, but did not wake up.

Ani smiled at her innocent face. How could she be so gentle yet so strong from within. He went ahead and kissed her bare shoulder only to look back at her to see if she woke up. But she didn't.

He took her hand in his and kissed it as well. He was proud of her, he respected her, he loved her, she was everything for him.

She slowly opened her eyes only to find him staring at her intensely. Realizing the condition she was in, she suddenly felt shy and sat up covering up her body with the thin sheet of blanket.

Ani chuckled and sat up to hug her from the back. He engulfed her completely.

"Kya hua...abb sharm aa rahi hai?" He teased.

She chuckled hesitantly trying to hide her blush.

Ani took a sigh and tucked his chin on her neck. Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes.

"Patibabu...jaane dijiye na... mujhe ready hona hai..."

"Bas thodi der ruk jaao na...."

"Nahi.. hume der ho jayegi Patibabu jaane dijiye na ..." all she wanted was to get dressed quickly.

"Theek hai ... jaao... " he loosened his grip but kept looking at her face which was crimson red.

She wrapped around the sheet around her body and tried to leave the bed, but something stopped her from getting up.

She looked back to find Ani holding one end of the sheet.

"Patibabu?" she said with her eyes widened, not knowing how to react.

"Ise yahi chhod do ..." he whispered.

She bit her lip to hide her nervousness and snatched away the end from his hand. While he giggled at her actions, she walked away as quickly as possible.

Bondita was standing in front of the dressing table in her room. Dressed in a simple saree and minimal jewelry, she believed in elegance and simplicity. She looked at herself and realized that today she was supposed to wear two things that made her feel complete.

She took a pinch of sindoor and applied it. She recalled her days with Anirudh. From the day she could remember, every second spent with him was blissful. He had been her best friend, her mentor, her guardian, and her love.

From the other side of the table, she picked up her black graduation coat. Wrapping it around, she recalled her journey as a student. When she was a kid, she was unaware of the importance education had in one's life. There was a time, when her only dream was to be a good wife, good mother and a good homemaker. But now, her dream was to be a good person. Good to herself, good to her loved ones and good to the world. She was proud of herself for what she had achieved. Today was the day she was about to step into a new life.

Anirudh was looking at her from a distance. She was perfect for him. A woman who proved it to him that nothing was impossible. He knew that all his guidance and efforts would have gone waste unless she had it in herself. She had been his student, his best friend, his support structure and his love.