6.

Emily Prentiss POV

Hotch sighed. "Okay, just let me make one quick phone call to get all of the local PD out here." The team nodded as he walked away, already dialling the number on his phone. Emily noticed JJ fidgeting where she stood. "You okay?" she asked, worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine," JJ responded. "But could you have Hotch hold off the meeting? I need to use the restroom."

Prentiss laughed. "Sure. Go ahead."

JJ smiled. "Thanks. Oh, I'm going to drop my phone in your purse, if that's okay. I left mine back in the hotel and my pockets are too small."

"No problem."

"Thanks!" JJ said, already headed towards the bathroom. Morgan and Prentiss laughed.

"Um....guys...has anyone noticed...uh..." Reid stuttered.

"Yes, JJ is acting weird. But kid, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, mind your own business." Morgan advised seriously. "You may regret it if you don't."

"What do you mean?"

"Did you see her lose it on the plane with me? Well, I have a feeling she could do worse."

"Oh."

"Please, stop talking about her behind her back. Plus, don't we have a thing about inter-team profiling?" Emily reminded them.

"Yeah, Prentiss is right," Rossi said. "We really shouldn't talk about her like that."

Something from Emily's phone buzzed. "Shit," she muttered, going through everything she had in there. Morgan laughed as she struggled to find the phone. Finally, she pulled it out.

NEW MESSAGE it read. She pressed display, not even noticing that it wasn't her phone she pulled out.

From: SCOTT BARRINGER.

MESSAGE:

I know you won't respond, I don't even know if you're Shelby, but if you are, you deserve to know that he's back. He's out of jail and will come after you. Trust me, I know firsthand. He won't let it go— ever.  Look out for yourself.

"Oh my gosh," she gasped unintentionally.

"What's the matter?" Rossi asked.

"Uh, nothing. This is JJ's phone, not mine." She forced a laugh.

Hotch returned just then. "The chief is sending over all of the men he can get together. Where's JJ?"

"Little girls room," Morgan answered.

"Not anymore," Prentiss heard from behind her.

"Oh, JJ, you got a text message. Here you go," she informed her, handing over her phone.

"Thanks," she said. Then, after reading the text, she grimaced.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah—wrong number."

Then why do you have him in your contacts? Emily wondered, but didn't ask.