9.

Hotch and his team arrived at the school, Mount Horizon, at midnight exactly. He felt bad, coming at such an unreasonable time, but this was important.

"Hey, Hotch," Reid said, "what do we know about the school principal?"

"Not much. Just that he—or she—helps teenagers with problems they might have."

"But we don't even know who we're looking for?"

"No, we will just have to ask around."

Reid nodded.

They walked around until they found a middle-aged, blonde woman. "Excuse me," Hotch said, showing his credentials, "I'm Aaron Hotchner with the FBI. Can you please tell me who is in charge here?"

"Of course." The lady said. "What happened that brought the FBI out here?"

"We have to discuss that with the director of this school."

"Sure, sure. I'm Sophie, by the way; I'm the counselor of one of the groups here. I'm also the director's wife," She informed as she began walking. The team followed her.

"What can you tell me about this school?" Rossi asked.

Sophie turned around and glared at him for a moment. "The first thing to know is that this is not a school for stupid kids, or for children who have social issues. It is a school for adolescence who are having troubles at home and need a place where they can get the help they need, and be with people that understand them. Most people associate that with having problems, and I would like to stress the fact that this is not true."

The team profiled that she had a close, personal relationship with the students here. She defends them.

Hotch responded: "We would never assume anything. We just want to know about this school."

Sophie nodded and continued walking. "Kids come here for all reasons. Mostly drug addictions, although we do have run-aways, eating disorders, people who cut themselves, etc. Sometimes it's a combination of these that bring people here."

The team shared a concerned glance. A school like this would be hard to attend, and even harder to run.

Sophie held open a door for the team before walking into the building herself. There was a man sitting on a couch, looking down at a piece of paper. "Hey, Peter," Sophie said quietly.

"Hey, Soph," He responded, not looking up.

"We have some visitors." Now he looked up. He seemed surprised by the amount of people.

"I'm Aaron Hotchner with the FBI," Hotch repeated, flashing his credentials again.

"What can I do for you?"

Prentiss asked if they could take a seat; this would be long.

"Of course," was Peter's surprised response. The team had a seat on the couch across from Peter.

Suddenly, Hotch's phone rang. "Guys, tell Peter and Sophie what is going on, ask them for any information," Hotch ordered as he walked away, answering his phone.

"Hotchner."

"Hey, Hotch, it's me."

"JJ? Where are you?"

"On the road—really close to Horizon, actually. Sorry I didn't call sooner; I didn't want Garcia to track me and send me back to the hospital."

"How did you-?"

"You didn't actually think that a few doctors would keep me there, did you?"