XIX.

CRAZY GIRLS
- TOOPOOR

CRAZY GIRLS - TOOPOOR

★━━─ ・‥...━━━☆

"i don't know what you're gonna say, but this feels like— really dramatic."

lydia jacobs held a glass of red wine in hand with an amused expression forming across her features. the alcohol, of course, had been provided by suze howard herself. and while cassie felt as if lydia was better friends with her mother than with either her or her sister, lexi grasped the way suze filled a motherly void for the jacobs girl.

bb glanced towards kat who remained by her side before flickering her gaze to cassie who occupied the opposite end of the table from lydia. "yeah, this is spooky."

"it's not spooky, bb." cassie nearly rolled her eyes in response, yet instead continued with the point of the meeting. "i just— i need your advice on like two things, and i need you guys to promise me not to say a single fucking word."

the girls at the table simultaneously nodded, yet the tension across the table remained evident. lydia had seemed to ignore maddy's presence the entirety of the evening, all rooting back to a moment shared that neither had spoken a word of. the kiss was as if it'd never happened, and to the girls in question, it didn't.

"so, the night of daniel's halloween party, something happened."

cassie howard went into her spew of the party, while her eye continuously found lydia's. their friends assumed it had something to do with the fact lydia remained straight across the end of the table, yet the later knew too well the expression across cassie's face.

there was guilt for the night of the carnival when things between the girls went too far for just friends, and the moment remained stuffed as far into cassie's brain as possible in means to forget it all together. the howard girl wanted a clean slate with the boy she obliviously figured would last the rest of her life.

"wait, am i hearing this correctly?" maddy was the first to utter a word once cassie fell silent. "you want to tell mckay that you made out with daniel at the carnival and on halloween?"

"yeah, but i don't—" cassie once again faltered in her words as her eye subconsciously found lydia's, the later holding a knowing look across her features. "i don't have to say it's daniel."

"bitch, that's the craziest idea i've ever heard, right?"

"liar!" lydia's sudden outburst caused the girls to fall silent in any response dancing at the tip of their tongue. the jacobs girl had her piercing gaze upon maddy who nearly flinched underneath it due to the overwhelming reminder of nate hidden in lydia's features. "all you do is lie."