III.

CARMEN
- LANA DEL REY

CARMEN - LANA DEL REY

★━━─ ・‥...━━━☆

lydia hummed along to the music playing from her phone as she searched through drawer after drawer for the bottle of liquor she'd hidden earlier that day.

the jacobs girl let out an exaggerated breath when she flopped into the chair in front of her vanity. she glanced to herself through the mirror, catching onto the white powder left on the side of her nose. a soft laugh fell from her lips as she wiped it away.

it was as if a sense of euphoria sent it's way through the girl. lydia went to put her hands over her face, but quit in her movements when she remembered the makeup she'd just previously applied. a sigh left her lips as she searched through her vanity drawers for the missing liquor bottle once again.

"fucking finally." lydia smiled brightly when her ring clinked against the bottle.

a moment before she went to open the liquor, a knock was heard through her room. lydia felt her heart drop as she quickly shoved the bottle back into her drawer, grabbing the hand mirror from her vanity to toss it into the drawer as well.

"um— come in." lydia said, trying to calm her racing heartbeat. she'd had enough experience talking to both her parents and nate while she was high, but the panic feeling in her gut never went away.

cal peaked his head into the room at the sound of her voice. "are you going somewhere tonight?"

"i'm going to lexi's for a while." lydia lied smoothly. "you don't have to wait up, i might sleep over."

"i'm going into work for a little bit." cal said, lying through his teeth as well. "just wanted to check on you before i left."

lydia knew she had gotten her deceitfulness from her father. she wondered if he could tell when she wasn't telling the truth as well or if she just studied into people too much for her own good.

"i'll see you tomorrow?" cal spoke up after an uncomfortable silence fell over the two.

"yeah, i guess." lydia replied barely above a whisper. "bye, dad."

cal didn't say anything in response. he closed the door, but didn't make a move to leave. he cursed himself for how far his relationship with his daughter had fell, but the man didn't know how to talk to the girl anymore. not after what happened the summer before her freshman year.

lydia let out a deep breath, pulling the drawer open. she used more force than was necessary, almost ripping the entire drawer from it's spot. she took a hold of the liquor bottle, leaving the mirror and drugs exactly where they were.