XXI.

PITY PARTY
- MELANIE MARTINEZ

PITY PARTY- MELANIE MARTINEZ

HOW WE FEELING AB SEASON 2?

★━━─ ・‥...━━━☆

the car ride back to the corner store was filled equally with the smoke of the blunt passed, and the tension left behind by the words to fall from the first loves.

"lyds doesn't want me anymore. do you, princess?"

"no."

had they not all been under the influence, lydia was sure the conversation would grow aggressive. she wasn't the only one to notice, for as soon as the car was back in park, fez was rolling another.

jackson's gaze remained staring out the passenger window until the rushed movements in the backseat forced his attention away. the jacobs girl was finding her way out of the car with fez mimicking her action second later.

"fuck." the whispered curse was followed by a humorless chuckle from the boy who'd forgotten how utterly depressing the hometown had grown to be.

jackson cursed himself for allowing nostalgia to trick his hopes into believing the return would bring anything but reminders to why he chose to disappear the first go around.

"come on, lyds." fez wrapped his arm around her shoulders in means of leading lydia towards the entrance of the store, a gentle kiss pressed to the top of her head. "you hungry?"

the smile to etch itself across her lips fell just as quickly as it appeared. the familiar silver truck of nate jacobs pulled into the parking lot with the headlights hitting the couple directly.

"jesus fucking christ." lydia pulled herself from fez's grasp with ease as jackson took notice to the situation occurring through the rear view mirror.

simultaneously, lydia, jackson, and nate all laughed to themselves in a disturbing matter to fez and maddy who remained near one or another.

the peters boy made his way out of the car with a mission in mind, one that would refrain the altercation from turning into the very moment lydia jacobs had spent so many nights numbing herself in order to just forget.

before nate could find his feet on the pavement, jackson was taking his turn wrapping his arm around lydia's shoulder with a subtle nod in fez's direction. the first loves escaped through the fridge door leading into ashtray's drug stash despite the fight lydia gave.

"fez, he—"

"can protect himself against your brother." jackson cut lydia short with a shake of his head.