XXVI.

ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT RAINS
- GARBAGE

ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT RAINS - GARBAGE

★━━─ ・‥...━━━☆

MADS. <3
i've let you have winter break wallowing,
but you're not missing the new year's
eve party. i'm coming to get you

the motel room was littered with trash collected over the span of two weeks. lydia tossed her phone across the room before she was frustratingly rubbing at her face. a few shallow breaths were taken as her feet found the floor.

there were paranoid looks out the curtains that never once opened since the night she'd found herself hiding out in the place she used to escape. a pair of binoculars were being used next to see any sign of her father's truck to no avail.

she'd spent the last two weeks driving herself mad searching for more proof of her father's affairs, yet the man never showed again. obviously, it had to do with the note she had left. lydia wondered where he was at, if he'd changed his location for the shameful one night stands.

lydia knew the hyperfixation was a direct link to her need for any form of a distraction. every time she felt herself becoming still, the haunting screams of that last night in fezco's house would begin taunting her.

so many years spent pondering the idea of death, and after witnessing it firsthand, all she wanted was to think of absolutely anything else. all the moments of her life she spent so long running from were continuously conjured in an attempt to feel something other than the sensation of death that managed to crawl under her skin.

how could she possibly give a shit about cliche high school parties when she'd witnessed such ruthless violence— a moment she herself had escalated.

LYDS.
i don't have anything to wear

MADS. <3
okay i'll bring something then

"are you still stalking out that window?"

lydia's back was facing the owner of the voice. asher, the only man she'd consistently see inside the motel, was rolling out of his sleep with his hair going in every direction. the girl didn't respond initially, at least, until the man was coming to stand behind her frame.

"you ever gonna tell me what the fuck you're doing with those?" he motioned towards the binoculars she tossed across the room just as she'd done with her phone before finding it again. "who're you looking for?"

"you asked me once what my father would think of me being here, but he's always come here too. he's a fucking cliche, and so am i." lydia was only covered by a shirt asher knew couldn't of belonged to her, it reached her lower thighs. her hair remained unruly, a worsening state every night he saw her within the last two weeks. "old fucks finding youth in these dirty fucking motel rooms."