Nikolai Lantsov 💎

Okay coming back to edit this after years because we finally have actual Nikolai gifs!

NVM MY GIF AREN'T WORKING I'M SO SAD!!

The second son had returned to prepare the kingdom to fight the Darkling. At least that's what he had told everyone. You knew better.

"You're making a bid for the crown." you stated when you saw Nikolai leaving Alina's chambers after the Great Herring Decree. You were an Alkemi, and the only Fabrikator vying for better Materialki representation.

"(Y/n), straight to the point as always. No, 'Hello Nikolai, my oldest and dearest friend. How have you been these past seven years you've been away?' I mean, were were friends, weren't we?" asked Nikolai.

"Well obviously our friendship meant nothing or you would've asked me to come with you. So answer me."

"You never asked me anything."

"Are you making a bid for the throne?"

"That was really more of a statement."

I shook my head. "Same Sobachka."

"You say that as if it's a bad thing."

"It wouldn't be if you hadn't left me here. No offer to come with you, no note. I mean, where have you even been? And don't you say that school, um, whatever it's called because I tried to see you, and whoever answered was an idiot and very obviously not you." I yelled.

"Can we take this somewhere else? People are staring."

"Fine."

He led you into the woods, and then turn to face you.

"I didn't want you coming with me." he said.

"Wow, I feel so much better."

"Not, like that."

You crossed your arms. "Okay then, tell me Nikolai. Why would it be so bad to have me come with you wherever the hell you've been?"

He grinned. "Would you believe me if I told you it was because I'm Sturmhond?"

You raised your eyebrows. "So you're a pirate?"

"Privateer."

"Impossible."

"Improbable."

"You are making it very easy to be mad at you right now."

"You know it's what I do best."

You uncrossed your arms. "Okay, well now I'm definitely mad you didn't take me with you. That would've been really cool."

"You had a life, (Y/n)," Nikolai's voice softened. "You had just left Kerch a year ago and I didn't want you to have to leave a new home. Also, an untrained Alkemi aboard a sailing vessel would've been bad."

You scoffed.

"But I missed you." he finished.

"Okay, so you're sweet, then you're absolutely infuriating, then you're sweet again, what the hell." 

You hugged him.

"But I missed you too." you whispered.