4.

"hey mom..?"

langa's mother glanced at the boy with interest.
"yes langa?"

"...reki's staying over tonight.."

"oh! that's great! will he be staying for dinner?"

langa nods and smiles looking down.

langa's mom stares at him with surprise, watching as his cheeks turn pink.
"...oh?", she mutters with a sly smile.

langa looks up quickly. "what?"

"oh, it's nothing~"

langa frowns but dismisses it. he jumps as he hears the doorbell. "reki", he whispers.

his mom smiles once again and follows quietly behind langa to the front door.

he opens the door quickly and his face lights up when he finds reki on the other side.

"hey langa!", reki grins, he glances behind langa to stare at his mom.

"you must be reki! nice to meet you!", his mom approaches the boys with a huge smile.

langa feels his face heat up as he realizes what is about to happen.

"hello!", reki greets her.

"oh please come in! langa has told me so much about you!", his mom continues with a small smirk. she turns and walks to the kitchen.
"i'll call you guys when dinner is ready"

reki shakes his head softly trying to make it less obviously red. he can't stop blushing and he just got there.

"okay, let's go to my room reki", langa takes a short breath and holds onto reki's hand to guide him through his house.

reki's eyes widen and he glances at their hands. his cheeks heat up even more now.

"h-hey langa?"

langa looks back and hums in question.

"w-well.. my mom kinda wants to meet you now? i-i mean like properly.. so she told me to invite you to have d-dinner tomorrow or someday.."

langa stops and turns to reki with a huge smile.
"really? okay, i'd like that"

"..wait- really? are you cool with that?"

"yeah! i'd love to-"

"langa! reki! boys! dinner is ready!"

reki chuckles and shakes his head. "i'm glad"

"so, how's school going?"

reki stops eating and smiles politely.
"it's alright"

"mom-"

"and i've heard from langa, you skate?"

reki's eyes sparkle and he glances at langa for a second. "yeah! i skate a lot"

langa's mom smiles and her eyes turn to langa giving him a devious smile before turning to reki. "do you have a girlfriend reki? you seem like a handsome and nice-"

"mom!-"

reki chuckles and he shakes his head. "i-uh i don't actually-"

"you don't? then you must have someone you like!"

langa's eyes widen and he turns to reki with a frown. "reki-"

"i-its okay langa.. i do have someone i like-"

"mom, please", langa warns her before she opens her mouth to say anything.

she raises her eyebrows and grins. "well? are you going to ask them out?"

langa groans and hits his head with the table.

reki chuckles and nods softly. "i plan on doing it someday, if i'm brave enough"

langa's mom chuckles and nods. "i see"

langa glances at reki sadly. deep down, he hopes it's him who reki likes.

"langa~", his mom sings.

langa slowly turns to her with a scared expression. "...yeah?", she laughs.

"you have someone you like as well, don't you?"

"okay, we're finished. we'll go upstairs now, call us if you need anything!", he grabs reki's hand and pulls him out of the room quickly.

reki laughs. "thanks for dinner!"