XVI - two for the show

A while later, when it was well over 2 am, the group had finally dispersed into the guest rooms and Taylor and Joe were getting ready for bed.

Taylor walked into their bathroom to brush her teeth, half asleep already. She reached for her toothbrush but grabbed the test she left out instead, before realising what she did and giggling.

She was about to discard it when something caught her eye.

Two pink lines.

That meant she was pregnant. Taylor's eyes widened, now fully awake. Was she really? There's a baby inside of her. She sat down on the toilet seat, excitedly squeaking and burying her face in her hands with happiness. Her and Joe were having a baby. She gingerly touched her stomach. This baby was so delicate and she was the mother of it.

"Taylor, love?" Joe knocked on the door gently. "Are you okay? You've been in there for a while."

"Oh yes, I'm fine!" Taylor laughed, still giddy with happiness. She felt absolutely blissful. She got up from the toilet seat, placing the test back into the box in the cupboard for safekeeping. That way Joe would think it's unused. She wanted to tell him herself. She couldn't wait, her mind already brewing with ideas of how to spill the beans.

She quickly brushed her teeth and cleansed her face of makeup, before walking back into the room.

She climbed into bed slowly, sitting on the edge of the bed before slowly swivelling her legs to lay down gently. She was already so afraid of hurting her little baby. She looked over at Joe. The father of her baby. The love of her life.

"Goodnight honey, I love you." she mumbled, brushing his hair back. She loved the way it would fall into place like dominoes. Even when they were still in elementary school, she was so jealous of his perfect hair. It was so weird that he didn't even know how much their lives were about to change.

"Goodnight my love. Love you too," he whispered back, snuggling into her and wrapping his arms around her.

————
September 3rd

It was almost dinnertime and the doorbell rang. Taylor walked over to the door and opened it, revealing a smiling Joe.

"Hey babe," she said, placing a kiss on his lips.

"Hi. I'm sorry I'm a bit late today. I got you some things from the grocery store," Joe said, handing over the bag.

As he took off his coat, Taylor opened the bag and rummaged through it, looking at what he had bought.

"Um, babe, thanks for the tampons but I don't need it."

Joe frowned. "What do you mean, love? Didn't you tell me to get some about a week ago?"

"Yes, but I don't need it. I'm not on my period." Taylor mumbled.

Joe was very confused. "You let me have access to your period tracker app right? I just checked it at the store. What's going on love?"

"Nothing." Taylor gripped the bag so tightly her knuckles turned white. Hands shaking, she walked into the kitchen.

Joe took off his shoes and silently followed her. He found her taking out some plates and serving freshly-made pasta onto them.

He wrapped his arms around her from behind and placed some kisses onto her hair.

"My love, are you mad at me?" he said in his thick British accent.

"No, no, of course not." Taylor smiled.

"What's going on? You can tell me everything you know." Joe said.