XXIV - august head

"Love, we need to talk."

Taylor frowned. "Is everything alright?" She got up from her chair, pushing herself up and walked over to him. She wrapped her arms around him and placed a kiss on his temple. "We're okay, right?"

"What's been going on with you?" he brushed her bangs out of her face. "You've been so secretive lately, always closing your laptop when I walk into the room or making calls to anonymous people. Is there something you want to tell me?"

Taylor sighed. "I kind of wanted to wait till I was sure about all this before bringing it up to you, but here goes." She took a deep breath. "I want to switch to a singing career."

"Oh. It's definitely not what I was expecting." Joe paused to think. "I wouldn't be against it though. You're so talented and I love the songs you write, and you know I'd always support you no matter what."

"Thanks, babe. You only like the songs because they're about you though." Taylor softly smiled. "I've been doing some research on career switching and the income for being an artist. Blake knows some people with connections so I'm trying to set up a meeting to discuss if I can record a demo CD for different record labels."

"That seems like a lot of work but I know you would be able to do it. You're amazing," Joe said quietly into her ear.

"Yeah." Taylor breathed out, nodding. "It's a lot to consider though," she continued. "I've worked so hard to build up my writing career and to start over right now is risky and it doesn't secure a stable income. And we need that right now, since Willow is coming soon." she smiled at the use of her name.

"I understand where you're coming from, but I'm sure we can afford everything darling. This whole thing is not going to happen overnight, you're going to need your demo CD, you need a studio to work in, a record label and so much more. I think we can cater to that over time." Joe replied, rubbing her back gently.

"I'll finish all the projects I have ongoing right now as I'm working on this at the same time. I get bored when you're  at work anyways, so it's good I will have something to keep me busy."

"I see. I love you." Joe smiled at Taylor. "I know you'll figure this out eventually. Like I said, I'll support you whatever you choose to do."

"What would I do without you," Taylor sighed contentedly. "I do have something else I'd like to discuss with you though."

"Tell me."

"I want to have Willow in Nashville."

Joe wrinkled his forehead in surprise. "Why is that?"

"I want to have my mother next to me when I'm giving birth, but since we don't know when she'll arrive it's not fair to ask her to come to London for a long time. Also, Martha was so helpful and kind last time I have been considering switching to her as an OB/GYN."

"That makes sense. It's you who's going to be giving birth, so I want you to be the most comfortable. However, it would be a lot of work though, since you can't fly after you reach 36 weeks, so we'll need to stay there for at least a month, meaning we need to rent a home there. I don't want to put extra stress on you or Willow with all the moving and whatnot, babe."

"Please consider it. We both grew up in Nashville, so we know the place fairly well. And also, it's like 'music city' and many record labels I'm interested in have their headquarters there." Taylor begged.

Joe rubbed his chin thoughtfully and cleared his throat before speaking again. "I'm not against it in any way, but we have a lot to consider before we take action, love. It's December now, so we still have a maximum of three months before we need to make a final decision."