Chapter 4: Marks on the skin

In the corridor illuminate by annoying neon lights, there are eight people, motionless and silent. Men have sweet, happy smiles on their faces while they look the only woman they would love, and spend the rest of their life with.
Surprised, and some of the younger ones disappointed, to have tied up by chance: in front of the bathroom door. Not the sweet and romantic setting they had imagined and desired, but they weren't going to complain. They would have it, and that's the only thing they could think of.

“Hi Desiree. Are you OK?" Jungkook asks smiling beautifully as he continues to hold her hand and moves his thumb on her wrist in a relaxing motion.

Desiree can't think of anything, except a series of bad words in every language she had ever studied.
Fear runs through her veins, causing her to start shaking slightly.

The boys look at each other, finally noticing the strange behavior of their soul mate. The slight tremor and the wide open eyes that collect tears not yet shed.

“Desiree… we are sincerely sorry to have scared you so. Come to the dressing room and sit down so you can relax and drink some water. " Jin says softly, massaging her neck and gently pushing her in the direction they came from.
Before they can take a step to get her where they want, Desiree's phone rings, effectively bringing her out of her stupor.
She pulls away from the men who still surround her, finally managing to get away from their hands on her body.

"Hey ... Regina ..." she answers the call softly.
"WHERE ARE YOU?! THE CONCERT STARTS SOON! COME FASTER! " yells her friend on the phone, making her voice heard to every man in her vicinity.
"I'm on my way ..." she replies just before the call ends.

“Are you sure you're okay? If you want you can watch the concert from behind the scenes… ”Yoongi starts to say before being interrupted by Desiree:“ No, I came here not to leave my friend alone. I go."
Then he turns to go back to the stands, after saying a few whispered greetings.

Men look confused and disappointed not to have her nearer.
"She really doesn't seem very happy to have met us ..." Jimin says sadly.
“I guess, it can be very confusing to bond with seven people at once. She was just in shock. We should just let her know that we really want her and that we have been waiting for her for a long time! " says jovially Hoseok, managing to raise the spirits of his companions: “And now she is sitting in the stands watching our performances. So… stay focused and give your all to make her understand how special and beautiful we are! "
“I donˋt need! I'm Worldwide Handsome! " Seokjin says laughing to dampen the sad and dejected atmosphere, succeeding perfectly by making everyone snort giggles.

“Hobi is right. She is watching us. Let's try even harder. For her!" Namjoon exults raising a fist in the air.
After they have calmed down, or rather excited, they begin to head towards the stage for the first concert in the presence of their soul mate.

Meanwhile Desiree returns to her seat, still in a state of shock, rethinking how these things happen in reality and not just in the movies.
"How did I manage to collide with two men who were my soul mates and bond with all of them at the same time?" she thinks with his eyes wide open, which open even wider, if possible: “Oh my God! What if I have others? GOD! Seven? How in the name of Goku can I have so many? Why to me?!"

The concert begins as Desiree continues with her nervous breakdown by watching, but not really seeing, the boys start performing.

Finally, after 10 songs, she comes out of his trance state when the notes of Best of me start coming out of the speakers. The song that hit her yesterday, for some strange reason.

When Jimin's voice starts singing the first few lines, Desiree starts crying, sending her chills that give her goosebumps.
She can't deny that she feels nothing, especially not now. Not after accidentally bonding with them. She feels a force within her that wants her to come close to them. Like a thread that slowly, but surely, wants to bring her closer to them. Feel your hands on his skin again.

After 25 years of negative feelings, loneliness, she feels complete. And she hates this feeling. She doesn't want to feel such sweet and positive feelings about a destiny bond, which she doesn't even want.
"Someone up there absolutely hates me!" she blurts out when the song ends and the boys leave the stage to get ready for the next performance.
After two hours of blaring music, dancing and screaming, Desiree is tired. She has a headache that splits her brain in two and has the desire to lock herself in the house, create a cocoon of blankets and simply disappear from the world.

“God, I'm so glad I finally saw them! Wasn't that the most beautiful thing you've ever seen ?! " Regina screams in her friend's ears, making the pounding in her head even worse.
Desiree makes a simple, undemanding noise, trying to break away from the deafening noise around her again.

"I go home. I do not feel very well." She says drawing the attention of her friend, who notices the pallor of her face and the red and swollen eyes, due to the previous crying.
"I come with you."
“No, stay. I'll be able to go home alone. "
“Okay Desi. I'll be back to your house shortly. " she responds by kissing and hugging her, thanking her for coming with her.
After having managed to get out with almost no hitch, and having managed to get to the street, she takes a deep breath, savoring the smell of the fresh air and the relative silence.
She slowly walks home thinking about what to do now. She doesn't really want to be with them, create an intimate relationship and end up being tied even more, but at the same time the thrust she feels during the concert has not diminished. Indeed, it has become much more intense with each step that takes her further away from them.

"What should I do?" she asks looking at the stars in the sky, hoping for an answer or a sign that will help her decide.
“Fortunately nothing happened! My life is already too much like a Drama!"

When she gets home she collapses against the door exhausted. She looks around the dark apartment until her eyes fall on his left arm. The arm is no longer empty, but full of marks. The signs that a metaphorical middle finger gives her. She can almost hear a soft: “It didn't help to avoid us. Now we're here and you can't help it! "
“I'm just going crazy! I hear the voices. " she chuckles as the tears slowly flow down his face.
After what seems like an eternity, she gets up to go take a shower, after writing a message to Regina telling her to leave the house key under the doormat, in case she falls asleep.

When she finally arrives in the bathroom she looks in the full mirror on the wall, finally noticing her scruffy appearance. Her face swollen and red with tears, the nest she has in place of her hair from having continued to touch them. The sleeves of the sweatshirt wrinkled from having pulled them over the fingers. A useless method of hiding its marks, hoping that they will simply disappear.
But her left arm continues to tingle as if to tease her about her useless prayers.
She takes off the sweatshirt with annoyance, finally seeing the marks that stand out on the skin of his arm.
Seven.
Seven indelible marks.
She looks at them, trying to figure out who it is which one, but has no idea.
“So…” she says trying to rationalize the events of the last few hours: “I have these seven signs. What changes now or in four years? Okay ... It doesn't matter. I am very calm and composed. I'm not crazy. They are very famous people, maybe they will pay someone not to be forced to be with any girl like me. I am a common face in a crowd. I have nothing to give, so they won't come looking for me and we'll just forget everything. And I will live happily ever after with three thousand cats! "
...
“Ahhhhh…” she yells at the mirror, messing her hair even more in the process: “I'm just kidding myself! You can't just ignore it. And I don't even have much money to pay the fines. And I'm too small to go to jail. They would eat me and spit me out in the first three seconds! "

She heads for the shower after she's finished undressing, with the water flowing along with her tears.

After the end of the concert the emotions of the boys are stronger than those of a few hours before. They feel a physical need to have her in their arms, or even just to look at her once more, to root themselves in the new reality, to have a foothold that confirms that it was not just a dream.
Almost like a single man, each boy looks at his left arm, lifting the sleeve of the sweatshirt, to admire the small galaxy. The sign of their soul mate. She who was, and remains, their universe, their star.
"At least Jungkook asked for his name." Yoongi says.
"Desiree Lai." They whisper together, savoring the sound of his name, happy to know him and be able to call him.

"But where? How come she didn't come here to meet us? Don't you want to talk to us? Don't you want us? " Taehyung asks, looking around frantically, hoping it will magically appear.
"Maybe security didn't let it through." Seokjin says conciliatory, stroking his friend's hair, hoping to calm him down.
But his words hit every man in the room, planting a little seed of doubt: "What if he doesn't want us?" is the question everyone thinks.
“We know his name. We know his face. It will not be difficult to find it. We still have five days in town. We will find it. Let's not bandage our heads before breaking it. " Hoseok says as he gets up from the sofa to go to the locker room and finally get changed. But despite his words, he himself thinks the worst.

Refusing to want them. And although the law does not allow a real choice in matters of ties, he is still afraid. A life with a soul mate who doesn't want them and love them isn't the life he dreamed of with his bandmates.

Note:
Sorry,
I'm starting my work and my school.
Purple you,
Ale.