Chapter 2

So happy to see my gang right now in Fern's birthday.
We've been the closest since we met in college. There's Mario, Baifern, Pok, Margie, Kim and Mark.

"Happiest birthday Fern!" I hugged her tight and kissed her on the cheek as the gang came hugging me too.

"Thanks for coming, Yaya. Hello to your boyfriend too! Hey Carl!" she greeted Carl whom I tagged along on this occasion.

"Hey Fern. Happiest birthday. Thank you for inviting me too" he said with a smile on his face.

"Now where on earth is Nadech?" Margie said rolling his eyes.

I sighed. This man is really something!
"Well, you know him. Maybe he's busy with his stuffs." I stressed on the word stuffs so they'll get what I mean.

"Can we eat now? Gosh I'm so hungry!" Kim jokingly said touching her stomach.

"Yeah c'mon. Let's not wait for anyone."

Just after we settled in our seats, someone shouted behind us.

"Am I late?"

The jerk. The audacity to ask.
"Finally the good man is here!" shouted Mark. He is closest to Nadech.

"Sit here my boy!" now that's Mario with a huge smile on his face.

Everyone started eating and drinking and talking. Mainly having fun.

"Kim, your wedding with Mark is fast approaching! We can't wait to be bridesmaids!" I giggled turning to the future bride.

"Well yeah it's gonna be soon. Everything's all set. We just need the day to arrive." as per Kim tapping Mark's hand lightly.

"You and Carl? When is the wedding?" Margie asked and everyone was teasing us.

Carl just smiled as he looked at me.
"Stop it, you guys! Why is the topic suddenly shifted to me? Marriage is something really serious and needs to be planned" I defended myself.

"So what's that? When Carl proposes, you'd reject him?"

"What a silly question, Fern! But we will get there." I said and raised my glass of wine and everyone started doing so.

Nadech just didn't say anything and was busy munching his food. Occasionally, he'd look at me with a teasing look. Gosh. So annoying!

A girl barged in and asked Fern for a wine. Turned out she's Patricia, one of our batch mate Roy's cousin that he brought here in Fern's party.

Nadech had his eyes glued to the girl and I'm pretty sure what he's thinking.

"Fern, I'll check for you. C'mon Patricia, follow me."

"Thanks Miss!" she said while eyes are on Nadech.

I dragged him in the corner.
"Not her, Na." I raised my brows at him.

"Why what's wrong?"

"She's Roy's cousin! Remember him?"

"Yeah I do but it doesn't really matter."

"She's 17 years old!"

"So what? I'm 29!"

"Nadech, I dont know what to do with you but I'm warning you!"

"Thanks for the concern my super girl, but I can handle this" and he gave me a wink that I swear I wanted to scratch his face. He's giving me a headache.

We got back to our table but just when I thought Nadech's gonna sit down, he went to the girl he's been dreaming of talking tonight.

I surrendered. To hell with him and his decisions in life. I sometimes want to regret we're best friends.

"Fern, thank you so much for tonight! We enjoyed mak mak!" I told her as we're preparing to leave.

"So girls, see you in our wedding?" Kim playfully put her head on Mark's chest and smiled beautifully at us.

"Certainly! We can't miss it for the world!" says Fern.

"Goodbye gang! As for Nadech, dont mind him. He must be having fun with someone." Says Mark who really knows what kind of a man is his friend.

"I know. So, we'll get going?"

Carl took me home and he seems upset. I'm not really sure as to why.
I kissed him on the cheek to bid goodbye.

"Take care going home, Carl."

"I'll see you tomorrow, Yaya."

I went out of his car and went straight to my unit.
Why is hw suddenly cold? Maybe he's stressed with work. I wouldn't overthink.

I tried calling Nadech, anxious of what this man is up to but he's not answering. This jerk.

It's still 10PM so I decided to sip my favorite coffee. I went to the balcony for some fresh air and looked at the beautiful city lights below.

Thinking about life, the gang had beeb through a lot. Now one of the pairs are getting married. Mario amd Baifern is getting stronger. Nadech and I? I'm sure about my future but i don't know about the jerk.

He's been playing around with whoever girls he like. Funny how he hates his dad so much for being a womanizer but there he is breaking girl's hearts.

Sometimes he's being so stressful. I give him advices all the time buy the jerk isn't even listening nor applying it on his chaotic life.

I'm just glad we got each other. I don't have my parents here, so I'm alone. He's alone too. His mum is in America and his dad got another family but they're wealthy enough to get going.

I released a huge sigh as I continue sipping on my coffee.
"Gosh, this is life!" I told myself as i inhaled the aroma that calms me.

I remember Nadech and I's soon to be business. I'm not sure if this is a good idea but I have to consult Carl on this.

Oh, I forgot to tell him the time I'm free tomorrow. But even before I can call him, he already sent me a message to see him tomorrow night.

He said he's got something important to tell me. I'm quite thinking about what could it be? Anyway, I'm excited to tell him my plan too.

I look around my room and saw our framed pictures. The gang, Nadech and I, my parents, me and Carl.
I couldn't ask for anything anymore.
I have been rewarded with great people behind me all the time though sometimes they can be a headache.

I look forward to tell Carl the good news tomorrow and I'm excited to hear what he's gonna say.

*******************************

Hey just short chaps for now 💗
Short and unedited 😂

Tell me anything, tweet me at @writingforny ❤️