Chapter 4

"Pok, so how many hours until you arrive here?"

I scratched my nape getting frustrated waiting as I talk to Pok on the phone. We planned to have a drink somewhere and he hasn't arrived yet.

"Okay! Be fast, I want to see some new babes there."

Just as I hang up and looked at the rearview mirror, I saw a familiar figure.

"Is that Yaya?" I talked to myself as I hopped out of my car and went to her.

"Ya? Is that you?" I called but her back is still turned to me.

Just as she turned to face me, I saw her eyes full of tears. She just stared at me.
"Are you okay? What's wrong?" I cupped her face but her lips just trembled. She tried to talk but no words are coming out of her mouth.

She hugged me and burst into tears. I run my hands at her back trying to calm her. She didn't say anything but hugged me tighter instead.

"It's okay, I'm here." The only words that I can tell her.
"Now let's get you out of here".

I have to be with my best friend tonight so I cancelled my drink session with Pok. I don't care about the asshole since it's partly his fault he didn't come on time.

"1 year, Nadech! Freakin 1 year I wasted with him!" finally she can rant like this.

"I told you. That man is a gay. He can't even decide for himself. For you and for your future." I earned a sharp look from her.

"What? Don't tell me you are still defending that man after he dumped you? I am the only person right here for you" I said jokingly but she just continued drinking her tequila.

"He's a jerk! A jerk! An asshole! Fucker!" she continued drinking and crying and I just watched her while I silently peeked on my phone.

"Are you listening to me? I'm so emotional here and there you are busy with your phone!"

"Hey, I was just checking on something and besides, I'm listening! You said he's a jerk" I teased her just to make her laugh.

"Such a jerk! Disrespectful and a jerk again! But then again maybe he's just confused"

"You only know now that he's a jerk? And what? What again? Maybe he's just confused? He's confused that he just let you walk alone in the streets crying, huh?"

"Wait, why? You have too had so many girls and you made them cry!"

"Yeah but I didn't say that I'm not a jerk? Actually as a matter of fact, right now. As in right now. I think Pat is already crying."

"What? What did you do again. Broke up with her?" she asked curiously and I smirked and nodded.

I was laughing at the disgust on her face. "Jerk!!! All of you! All men are jerks! You know what, you're playing with us girls, you cheat on us because you know that we are so in love with you guys and we're idiots for that!"

"And all women are here to cry over us. Yes you're right, we're jerks and you're idiots."

"Oucchhhhh! Yaya that hurts!" the stubborn little thing just hit me on the head.

The night went deep with all her rants, I let her drink but not too much.
Now I dropped her at her place.

"Ya! Wait" I called her as she went out of my car. I immediately went out too.
I was welcomed by her tired us.

"C'mon hug" I opened my arms widely.

"What? Why?"

"Argggh. Don't be so malicious I just want to console you. If you don't want, then fi--"

"Okay, okay! Huggggg"

She hugged me tightly and just started crying again.
"Hey.. shhh stop crying there's too many responsible men out there that will date you."

"Nadech?" she called me even when she's silently sobbing.

"Yes?" I answered rubbing her back.

"You know even if you're an asshole, you're okay to be with at times."

"Yeah, I heard" I attempted to joke so she hit me on the back, while still hugging me.

My phone started ringing but I didn't let her go. She isn't too.
I got my phone from my pocket to see who called and it's Pat.

"Who's that? Another girl again that hopes to date you and you'll break it off with them again just because youre bored?"

"Ugh. I don't care about these girls and their intentions to me. You are my priority."

I hugged her more kissing her hair and she hugged me tighter. She's never been lucky in love. Every men she date's wouldn't really last long.

Yaya is a very successful woman. In fact she's the most perfect woman to date. I'm not sure as to why all of her relationships failed.

"Go up now and take a rest. You get over that jerk fast he doesn't deserve you, okay mai?" I cupped her small face as she tried to give me her sweetest smile.

"You wanna go coffee, upstairs?"

"No, thanks. I'll sleep early tonight since Pok and I's drink sesh got cancelled. But hey I didn't regret that if I get to be with you when you're sad"

"I didn't ask! Why are you explaining?Anyways, thank you for tonight Nadech. You know what? I'm always thankful I have you."

"But of course! You should be. Your best friend has everything that every woman is dreaming of." she raised her handbag to hit me but I pointed my finger at her.

"Don't you dare. You just told me you're thankful of me and now you're being mean." she just rolled her eyes and walked towards her place.

"Sexy! Don't forget Mark and Kim's wedding too!"

She turned to face me again.
"I know! You don't have to remind me! Im supposed to be reminding you. That's new. Should I expect you to be late again, jerk?"

"Go now and rest, Yaya. Have a goodnight okay? I'm worried about you. For real." I stared at her seriously and she just smiled as she turned her back at me.

I watch her retreating back until I couldn't see her anymore. It was the only time that I drove off.

*****************************

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update I'm just really tired for the past days and decided to rest.

How's this so far? You can tweet your opinions and suggestions to me too 💗
At @writingforNY 💗