Chapter 15:New Pet

" DOMINO!! DOMINO IS THAT YOU???"

Anne was running around the forest, faster than a firefly, eyes wide as she looked around frantically.

She had been out in the fields, playing baseball with Sprig, using a rotted cabbage as a ball, when she'd seen something in the corner of her eye....

A cat.

A small, fluffy, black cat.

It looked just like Domino, the friendly stray she'd left behind on her world, about four years back.

She'd immediately ran after it, watching it sprint into the forests behind the house. She followed it, ignoring Sprig yelling and the fact that she was running barefoot across the soggy, slippery and occasionally rock and thorn covered forest floor.

Could it be?

Had her beloved pet somehow managed to find her way to Amphibia? If she had...maybe Maggie had found a way to get to Amphibia too? Her heart was beating, her mind racing with possibilities.

Eventually, the ten year old found herself in a clearing, panting and practically gasping for air as she looked around desperately for what she hoped would be her beloved pet from back home.

             " DOMINOOOOOOOO!" She yelled, her cry resounding throughout the vast forest.

                Nothing.

                 Not even a meow.

Anne slowly felt herself give up, falling to her knees. It probably wasn't Domino to begin with, just a random creature native to Amphibia that vaguely resembled her old cat. Besides, how in the world would Domino get into Amphibia?

She was so stupid for getting her hopes up.....

" Mow!"

Anne whipped around, gasping, eyes growing wide and mouth agape.

There, right behind her....Was Domino.

Well...What she'd thought was Domino....

Upon closer inspection of the small, black and white creature in front of her, Anne found that it most definitely was NOT Domino.

While it mostly looked and sounded like a cat- Fluffy, lil square ears, a cat-like face with big yellow eyes- Cat's didn't usually have six legs.

".....Are you, like....This world's version of a cat?" Anne asked, slowly reaching out to see if the fuzzy creature would allow her to touch it.
The fluffy beast slowly moved towards her, rubbing it's soft little head against her palm.

"Mrah!"

The critter made small, purr like noises, and Anne felt a surge of pure joy.

"Hi Kitty!!" She squealed, scooping the cat creature up in her skinny arms and hugged it to her face, laughing happily.

" You look so much like Domino!!!"

She may not have had Domino kitty back...but she did have what seemed to be the second best option. She felt herself growing immediately  attached to the fuzzy lil baby, and she even had a name in mind already!

" From now on, you'll be Domino 2! Got it?" She asked the creature, holding it and looking into it's mustard colored eyes.

The creature simply blinked and let out another squeaky little " Mao!"

Anne giggled,hugging it close as she walked back to the house. She couldn't wait to introduce kitty to Sprig, and Polly....and Hop Pop.

She froze,skidding to a halt.