Chapter 1: The Rich Kid

Special thanks to  Sapphicashley for helping me write this chapter.                                                  

Sasha Waybright was the one and only child of the illustrious Waybright family.   

The Waybrights were near-millionaires, the father of the family being the best plastic surgeon in the USA and the mother being a corporate lawyer.

They had it all - A mansion, a huge swimming pool in their vast backyard, two ferraris with their own separate garages, constant vacations to France,Germany, Hawaii and the Seychelles, their own butlers, maids and chauffeurs, and a nanny and private teacher for their kid.                     

Sasha, the kid in question, lived pretty luxuriously as well.

Home schooled, dressed like a little princess and had every need tended to by her nanny or the numerous servants her parents employed. She basically lived the life of your average rich kid.                                                                                                       

Yet, despite all this privilege, She lacked the one thing a child her age needed the most.   

Parents.   

Sure, they were alive and well and provided for her financially, but not once in her life had they ever been around to actually raise her and show her any kind of affection.

She had her nanny and the butlers and maids, who had all cared for her since birth and made sure that she grew and developed properly, was well fed, bathed, and was in bed and asleep before 9 p.m. every night, but none of them had ever really dealt her any genuine affection. They were just there to care for her every physical need, make her shut up when she got too loud, make sure she stayed out of her parent's way and get paid for doing so.

That was it.

Sasha spent the first few years of her life without any kind of real affection or proper parental figures. All she'd had were two cold, distant beings that ate breakfast and dinner with her and an army of people in black and white uniforms who made sure she remained as invisible as a spirit to her parents.       

________________________________________________________________________________                                                       

Today, on this particular day, Sasha was going out somewhere with her mother.

Her rich, neglectful mother.

Her rich, neglectful mother who didn't even look at Sasha or acknowledge her existence.

Seven year old Sasha was currently in the backseat of her mom''s new car, the chauffeur  driving her and her mother— Who rode shotgun and was applying blood red lipstick to her lips as she looked in the visor mirror- into town so that her mother could go buy some more clothes or make up or whatever she wanted at that moment.                                   

Sasha sat in the backseat, bored and annoyed, her legs swinging up and down as she looked out of the car window.

After driving a bit further, the chauffeur stopped the car, getting out and opening the car doors for Sasha and her mother as they got out and walked towards a nearby store. It was some high end department store, standing out like a glimmering jewel amongst the rundown small businesses and junk stores that surrounded it.