Bonding

Shippo, Kikyou, and Ayame pulled up to the steps of the shrine in a bright red convertible shortly after Shippo's call.

"Where are the others?" Kagome asked as she got in the back seat with Ayame.

"They don't like clubs, so anytime we go, it's just me and the girls." Shippo turned the vehicle onto the road and they drove toward what was bound to be an interesting experience.

Kikyou turned in her seat to look back at Kagome with a smile. "So Kagome, how often do you go out?"

"This is actually my first time. I don't really have any present time friends to go out with. Spending years of my life in the feudal era made sure of that," Kagome answered.

Ayame and Kikyou traded horrified expressions. "You're telling me that you're in your twenties and you've never been drunk?" Ayame asked.

Kagome shook her head at the two girls.

"That's ok Kagome we'll fix that tonight," Shippo said as he pulled into a dark parking lot.

Kagome got out of the car and looked around the parking lot questioningly. This seemed more like a place to be raped rather than the parking lot to a club. Kagome yelped as an arm was suddenly flung over her shoulder.

"Jumpy? Come on Kagome we can't get into the club from here we have to walk a block," Kikyou said with a laugh. Kikyou wrapped her arm around Kagome's, and Ayame wrapped her arm around Kikyou's free arm. "You know Kagome people are going to think we're related. So when they ask we're cousins alright?"

Kagome nodded dumbly as the group walked down the sidewalk. The longer they walked, the worse Kagome felt about the situation. When they rounded the next corner, Kagome was amazed at the long line of people and the bright lights. She could hear the music from the club from where they were standing, and realized that there was a reason she had never gone to such a thing. "Don't we have to wait in line?" Kagome asked as they led her past the throngs of people and straight to the bouncer.

"Hey there, Corry!" Shippo said cheerfully.

"Shippo! Who's the new girl?" The bouncer asked as he unhooked the chain and let them pass through.

"Kagome, and she's mine for once," Shippo anouced.

Kagome found herself blushing brightly at Shippo's grin. As soon as the door opened, Kagome knew she was going to regret agreeing to this evening.

As soon as they were inside, Kikyou and Ayame pulled her away from Shippo and dragged her off to the bar. "We need three screwdrivers please," Kikyou shouted. The man looked up at Kikyou and smiled.

"Evening girls. It's been a while since I've seen you two. Might I see you're ID miss?" he asked, motioning toward Kagome. She pulled her ID out of her back pocket and held it out. The man looked from the ID to her before he handed it back to Kagome. "I'll have your drinks out to you ladies shortly. It was nice meeting you, Kagome."